Dog Food Tue 1/7/2020

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak.fs

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 11, 2018
Omak, Washington
Tue 1/7/2020 9:21 AM

Dear Fellow Dog Lover,

I'm pleased to report there have been no dog food recalls issued since September 26, 2019.

Euthanasia Drug Discovered in Adulterated Animal Fat

The FDA recently discovered an animal euthanasia drug (pentobarbital) in test samples collected at a major supplier of animal fat to the pet food industry.

We're unable to locate any information about which pet food brands may have purchased the affected ingredient.

For this reason, we recommend all dog and cat owners remain alert to the potential for future recalls related to this news.

Click here to read the official FDA Warning Letter sent to the producer.

Dog Food Recall Update
Some pet foods previously recalled may still be on store shelves... or in your own home. So, if you've missed any of the 11 recalls we've sent since July... be sure to visit our Dog Food Recalls page for full details.

10 Best Dog Food Lists
Recently Updated

Over the last 90 days, The Dog Food Advisor has updated the following best dog food pages:
  • Best Dry Dog Food
  • Best Wet Dog Food
  • Best Puppy Food
  • Best Affordable Dog Food
  • Best Dog Food for Allergies
  • Best Grain-Free Dog Food
  • Best Dog Food Made with Grain
  • Best Dog Food for Sensitive Stomach
  • Best Senior Dog Food
  • Best Dog Food for Weight Loss
Click here to see ALL our Best Dog Food lists for January 2020

Please be sure to share this report with other pet owners.

Mike Sagman, Editor
The Dog Food Advisor
Saving Good Dogs From Bad Dog Food

P.S. Not yet on our recall notification list? Click here to get FREE lifesaving recall alerts by email. No spam. Cancel anytime.

Thanks again Dave! I signed up for their email notices a couple years back, they stay on the job. RAY

Thank you. I follow Dog Food Adviser to make sure food for doggies is safe, and I refer folks there as well. Great information, Thanks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.