Does the Brinkmann Electric Gourmet Smoker need any modifications?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jaybird1103

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
It seems like for a good beginner electric smoker, a lot of people have told me about the Brinkmann Electric Gourmet Smoker. They have said that despite the fact that it has no thermometer (the people at Brinkmann say that the heating element heats at the 225-250 range) and no vents for air flow (the steam and smoke come out of the lid), that it would be a good starter smoker.

Has there been anyone who owns a Brinkmann Electric Gourmet Smoker done any modifications on it?

I had one that I used for a short time. It did good until the element gave out. My two gripes about it were 1: it's either on of off, no temp control and 2: it is a this metal so I had to use a wind block to keep it from cooling off sometimes. I enjoyed it and it did really good food. I was going to replace the electric element when I started reading about different smokers and ended up getting a MES 30" for under $200.00 out the door.
It's insulated and has a control for the temp. I have had it only about three weeks but so far I really like it over the Brinkman.

I am sure there are smarter people on here who will post their ideas and how to add mods to it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky