Does anyone know of a recipe similar to Zeigler Red Hots?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I must confess, I have not had the occasion lately to make these (yet). I even stooped to buying some Roger Wood Red Links the other day (still good, but not homemade).

I'm not a huge fan of milk powder as a binder, and lean towards the commercial binders like Butcher & Packer #414 or AmesPhos. B&P414 has been my go to for snack sticks and summer sausage for years. I'm thinking a double (or even triple) grind on the meat in a 3.5mm plate should with B&P #414 should give a nice classic hot link texture. Damn, I need to make some of these (ie, order the casings) But no reaper powder for me. Nope, nope, nope....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky