Does anyone have the Oklahoma Joe's Bronco Drum Smoker ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

weev

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 10, 2014
Edmore Michigan
I was at Walmart the other day and the wife and daughter were swimsuit shopping so I ducked out quickly to try and avoid having to answer any of the loaded questions that were heading my way so I headed over to the grill/smoker area and found this drum smoker So I was wondering if anyone had experience with it It looks kinda solid and is a bit insulated I dont think the price is to bad at 290$

What are your thoughts ?

2332fa83-c37a-417f-8bd8-d5f5bffc06c8_5.ea98153d489caeca4171861e6a93ea8e.png
2kbr5Nak.jpg

Wow, I’ve never seen that one before. It looks like a pretty cool drum smoker. Oklahoma joes makes other good products. It’s probably got the same good quality. It looks like a solid unit for $290.

Nope 1st one I ever saw. Looks like the air flow might be similar to a Gateway. I don't have one but I have friends that run them and the trend with them is hot and fast. check out their website it might be a place to start https://www.gatewaydrumsmokers.com/

I just went to their web site looks nice but a bit small for me. It's 18" dia. Looks well built it will be interesting to see more reviews

20190317_115115.jpg
20190317_135916.jpg

Hey Y'all from Coastal North Carolina! I smoked a corned beef brisket on Saint Patrick's day on the bronco. Previous smokes included beer can chickens, ribs, corn, 8lb pork butt and candied smoked bacon. 4 mods were done right out of the box sealing up the intake and exhaust flanges, the intake tube sleeve and sealing the lower barrel to the upper barrel portion. The lid seal did a great job even with 4 temp probe wire coming out for the igrill 2 temperature monitor. Next mod will be retro fitting the intake the accept a flame boss fan blower. More pics to follow as I find them from recent phone downloads to my computer.

Cheers and Beers!

Mike

1014.jpg
1026.jpg
920.jpg

The biggest drawback of the bronco design that I see is the exhaust port should have been located dead center of the smoker lid as I have noticed temperature variations front to rear of +/- 40 degrees. Running about 235 degrees at intake and exhaust settings of 1, I have had 8 hours of controllable temperature using kingsford briquettes. I plan to use royal oak on a future smoke to see if I can increase the usable smoke time.

Last edited:
View attachment 391289 View attachment 391290 View attachment 391291

The biggest drawback of the bronco design that I see is the exhaust port should have been located dead center of the smoker lid as I have noticed temperature variations front to rear of +/- 40 degrees. Running about 235 degrees at intake and exhaust settings of 1, I have had 8 hours of controllable temperature using kingsford briquettes. I plan to use royal oak on a future smoke to see if I can increase the usable smoke time.

Maybe add another exhaust on the opposite side and run them halfway?

Thought I'd chime in on this thread and let you all know that you might get a good bargain on the bronco if you get lucky at Wal Mart. I found a few boxed up near my home for $184...then magically there was a floor model with no apparent issues fully assembled for $103.50. I couldn't pass it up. Glad I got a pickup in May!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky