Does anyone have one of the Kingsford kettles?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

donnylove

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 3, 2009
Billings, MT
I'm in the market for a new kettle grill. I see that Home Depot here has the 18.5" Kingsford (made by Masterbuilt) for $40. Does anyone have any experience with this make? I've found some reviews online that were positive, but I trust this crowd more. Let me know your thoughts. I'm generally a Weber man through and through, but I also know that my wife would not be pleased with the idea of me spending $100+ on another meat burning toy right now. $40 I could probably get away with.
biggrin.gif
Thanks in advance for any advice!

I've seen them, and you get what you pay for. IMO a 18½" grill is just to small, you're really limited to what you can put on it. But if you're really on a tight budget, $40 isn't a bad deal, just make sure you keep it out of the rain. Also check the newpaper for any used grills, I found my smoker in the paper, I got a old heavy duty SnP for $50.

Thanks. I'll try both those suggestions. No reason to be in any hurry right now, cept that I have the bug!

I'd love to get the big one or even the Performer, but I can't really justify it. Then again, if I was going to spend that much money this time around, I'd probably go for the Smokey Mountain Cooker. So many wants and so little money!!!

Does anyone have the Ranch Kettle? I can't imagine ever needing it unless I started catering family reunions or something, but the Tim the Toolman part of me would sure love to have it in the stable just for the helluvit!

I am pretty sure BBQ bubba has a ranch kettle he posted pics of before the site crashed.

I thought about purchasing the Ranch Kettle. My wife works at a Parts Supply company that sells Weber and we could get it for cost. I couldn't justify buying it just to say I had it. They have one in their showroom and I drool everytime I see it. I am going to end up getting a Performer instead. I like the idea of the propane start as well as the storage bin and table. The cool thing about it all is my wife would have no problems with me spending $550 or so on the King Ranch if I wanted it.

If you are looking for a cheap deal I think it would be ok. As long as you take care of it and keep it out of the rain like someone mentioned.

I don't have a Kingsford but I have a Char-broil 22.5" that was made by another company for Charbroil that I bought from Menards for $38. I love it for what it is, but it's not as well made as a weber. also, the dampers in the ash catch stink bad. They are hard to close, but I love the hinged lid.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky