Do you wrap and what do you use?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I do Both, depends on my mood and time frame and how I want my finished Brisket, Ribs, PB or what ever I'm smoking

Gary

this is gospel for smoking and cooking. when I am looking at recipes, if there is along list of ingredients, strange stuff that is hard to find, too many steps, seemingly unnecessary steps- I skip it. When they have many ingredient and many steps they always turn out like ass.

Good food come from simple ingredients and minimal steps/processes.

Same here man!
The only time I do something that deviates from what you say (which is rarely) is when I make some kind of authentic cultural cuisine and usually they don't have a ton of ingredients usually its just more steps and process. Often though I can find a "modernized" shortcut to simplify things and it comes out close or no difference :)

Reactions: sandyut
PLEASE!!!!!
Ignore my earlier post. Good product button to be used when smoking/grilling etc. Just for leftovers.

Really surprised no one dinged me on that.
I figured you posted the wrong product was all lol. That or you have odd taste buds :P

I agree, simple is better. Plus as I'm getting older, my attention span ain't what it used to be. LOL.
My attention span was totally absent in my earlier reply. I do wrap, in double layers of heavy duty foil then a really large thick towel and into a cooler after the brisket/butt is finished. It will sit in the cooler till eating time. All meat is smoked naked except for the rub. I am a time and temp smoker so the smoker stays closed till done. One exception: If I feel that the meat has been in the smoker long enough, I will open and give it a nudge and see if it jiggles. I will also use an instant read thermometer.

Last edited:
Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
When I wrap, I use Stretch-Tite. While Amazonsells the product, I pick up double packs at Costco that come with the cutter.

PLEASE!!!!!
Ignore my earlier post. Good product button to be used when smoking/grilling etc. Just for leftovers.

Really surprised no one dinged me on that.

There are people who wrap in plastic during the smoking process. Plastic wrap has a melting point of 250* so if you keep the temps down around 225* your safe. I don't think I'll be trying it anytime soon, but some folks do.

Chris

There are people who wrap in plastic during the smoking process. Plastic wrap has a melting point of 250* so if you keep the temps down around 225* your safe. I don't think I'll be trying it anytime soon, but some folks do.

Chris
I cannot imagine doing that and like you I will not be doing so.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky