Do not BBQ one of these, really.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lownslow

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 30, 2008
So I was late for a meeting and then it started to downpour.  I franticaly grabbed things from the back of my truck and was putting them inside.  But then I saw a way to save a few moments by hiding my screw gun in a water proof place, my grill.  Perfect! the hood will keep it sheltered and there is no way I will forget about my prized lithium ion 18v impact driver.  A week later I was ready for some t-bone steaks, I put all 3 burners of my large grill on high and preheated for 15 minutes.  When I opened the lid there she was, I grabbed it and threw it on the ground.   Crazy thing is that it still works perfectly.

Now that should make a great customer comment on the Makita site. Sizzling proof of durabiility in a tool. What a conversation piece.

Last edited:
Guess you got a hot charge on that battery
icon_mrgreen.gif

OMG!!!

Looks like a perfectly good driver was saved!!!

But how'd your steaks turn out?

I once set my air compressor behind my truck and ran into a customer's house for a minute.  Got in my truck, threw it in reverse and dragged my compressor about 50 feet before I realized what I had done.  We all learn by our mistakes!  Some are just more expensive than others
icon_rolleyes.gif

Todd

I think the saying goes, "Keep a Cool Tool"

Closest thing I did to that was come out of the woods from sitting for squirrels. Emptied my Savage 24DL, laid it on my truck roof to take off my vest, got in and drove away. Good thing I was only about 50 yards from a stop sign, so I drove slow. Looked to my right on the passenger side----no gun!
eek.gif

Then it dawned on me where it was. I slowed down & stopped real gently, reached out the window & felt upwards on the roof----It was still there !!!!!
icon_rolleyes.gif

My favorite little squirrel gun---My Dad got it for me for Christmas, when I was 15.

Wheeewww,

Lucky Bear

So does Makita power tools go better with hickory or mesquite!
eek.gif

I was changing spark plug wires and had to pull one boot off with the needle nose pliers. Set them on the air filter, forgot about them, and drove off..... never saw them again, was just glad they didn't hit the fan or get sucked into a belt on the way out the bottom of the engine compartment... lol.

icon_cool.gif

Now you were really lucky on that one there lownslow. Now aren't you glad you didn't start the grill on high now.

icon_cool.gif

Now you were really lucky on that one there lownslow. Now aren't you glad you didn't start the grill on high now.
That's the thing, I did have it on High.  All three burners on a big grill for fifteen minutes. 

Ok... I'll be the one to be Mr. Safety here..... you should never light a gas grill with the lid down. There I said it... I feel better. Glad it still works.

LOL---Good catch!

Well said, even without your favorite Makita in it.

Nice grill marks though!
icon_wink.gif

So I was late for a meeting and then it started to downpour.  I franticaly grabbed things from the back of my truck and was putting them inside.  But then I saw a way to save a few moments by hiding my screw gun in a water proof place, my grill.  Perfect! the hood will keep it sheltered and there is no way I will forget about my prized lithium ion 18v impact driver.  A week later I was ready for some t-bone steaks, I put all 3 burners of my large grill on high and preheated for 15 minutes.  When I opened the lid there she was, I grabbed it and threw it on the ground.   Crazy thing is that it still works perfectly.

I should post a close up of the handle, that smushed part of the handle is my thumbprint from when I grabbed it off the grill.  You can actually see the ridges of my thumbprint when you look closely at the drill. 

And yes I know I should have used the tongs but it was reflex more than thinking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky