DIY ECA (Encapsulated Citric Acid)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
-I'm not interested in learning fermentation.-
I was for a while, but I learned that temperature control is a different (inverse) issue in tropical climates, and would require equipment I do not have, or have the desire to build.
Ok, so no desire to learn. These guys are giving you ways to accomplish what you want to do, but you dismiss it out of hand.

Reactions: zwiller
I guarantee that if you made her some good snack sticks without the ECA she will still be VERY happy... Make with her favorite seasoning...
+1. Tang is lower on the list. Flavor profile will take some trials to get right. If I were going to such lengths to make ECA I would try and find lactic acid powder to get closer to the actual flavor. Maybe you'll get lucky and find ELA easier. Good luck!

I have some good news for you....you can ferment at room temperature. No light necessary. And for small diameter snack sticks, no worry about keeping the proper humidity while fermenting if you will be cooking them and not drying them.

Ok, so no desire to learn. These guys are giving you ways to accomplish what you want to do, but you dismiss it out of hand.

This thread is for the discussion of DIY ECA.
^THIS is what I am wanting to do!^

Why are YOU so resistant on learning something new?

Please, take this to another thread.

-sterling

This thread is for the discussion of DIY ECA.
^THIS is what I am wanting to do!^
Fine. I was just addressing the myth that you need elaborate equipment and a heat source to ferment small diameter snack sticks that will be cooked. It is just not so.

Look into the GLD I posted about...it may be easier to fine where you are located specially if they make tofu locally.

Reactions: DougE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky