Disposable aluminum tray for MES 40"?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A Standard 9" × 13" Pan is perfect. The MES grate is 12" × 19" so the Disposable allows plenty of circulation of heat and smoke. Amazon has 25 for $20...JJ

I use half size steam table pans purchased at sams club
29177405-BEF5-41A7-9280-FEEEE467839A.jpeg

Reactions: sigmo
I use three 11x15 on the bottom rack from the Dollar Tree (2/$1.) Two sandwiched together to insulate the drip catching tray ontop to keep grease from vaporizing so muck. Slide the stack front, back, left and right a rung or two to even heat. Just don't butt the pan against the back wall and right wall if you use the stock sensor/controller because the sensor is on the back wall and that corner will over heat. I flipped the element to not fry the insulation in the right corner and I have a PID controller so the sensor for it is near my food so I can butt the pan against the back wall to keep the element dry and from grease on the back wall. Lots of open room between pan and door and left and right sides.
20181207_085527.jpg 20181207_085549.jpg

The wife buys them at the dollar store. They work great.

Or you could just foil the water pan.A giant roll of heavy duty foil is MUCH cheaper than disposable pans.

Costco sells half sheets that are 9x13 I think. Pretty sure. I’m away from home or I would measure them.

I buy the big packs of them at BJ's wholesale club. Don't recall what I paid, but they were pretty cheap. And they make clean up so much easier!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky