Disneyland jumbo turkey legs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
LIKE. Any pointers on scoring the legs? I don't find them anywhere. What is weird though, is I can actually find them already smoked quite cheap like $.69/lb but they don't really smell appealing to me.
Publix has them
056624-600x600-A.jpg

Reactions: zwiller
LIKE. Any pointers on scoring the legs? I don't find them anywhere. What is weird though, is I can actually find them already smoked quite cheap like $.69/lb but they don't really smell appealing to me.

It seems that here in Dallas I run across them randomly as the meat markets in certain grocery stores try and sell them every so often. This means they can order them when they like and I was told they could order some for me if I like.
It seems that in TX the meat departments have access to getting "Jennie-O" brand.

Jennie-O seems to sell Drums, Thighs, and Necks sealed in like packs of two.
If you love the drums smoked this way then I would suggest you DEFINITELY order a couple of packs of thighs as well!!!

I pass on the necks because they are expensive... same cost for most bone though I like eating the necks when I cook turkeys since they finish way earlier than the rest of the bird :)

Reactions: zwiller
I am not worthy

My, my, my, Johnny! Ya done good!

Ha.. yeah thanks peeps!

I think these cured and smoked at home might taste better than those soup ones you buy at the store.. well, I always used the store ones just for soup. :D

Damn, those legs would make Friar Tuck one happy man fat man.
I'd would've liked to see how big those birds were..... 50 lber's? hahaha
I love those smoked legs that you can get at state fair's and music festivals they are amazing when done right. Your's look great!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky