Disco's H-M Wings w/ the Vortex

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I hear you brother!
Being in the demographic too, the wife and I don't take the virus lightly.
On a positive note, the BP was 124/77 this morning, the lowest it has been in months.
I feel smoking session coming on!
P.S. Sent you a PM. You just might change your mind about moving...hehehehehe!
Yep, Ray he PM'd me and I have been on Zillow lookin' ever since..... :emoji_joy:

John

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
P.S. Sent you a PM. You just might change your mind about moving...hehehehehe!

PM'd you back, as you can now see, we ain't going anywhere, EVER! RAY

Wow! Looks like you have improved on my humble efforts! Big Like!

Nope, can't say I improved on it at all Disco, just plain copied the recipe about exactly and used a different heat source. Great flavor and recipe Disco, tip of the cap! RAY

Another fine looking meal ... like!

Thanks Eddie, last nights dinner was the same thing only teruyaki, Vortex is tough to beat! Thanks for the Like also, I very much appreciate it. RAY

Awesome! Very nice looking wings! Point for shoure!

Thanks Push, and thank you for the Like, much appreciated. RAY

I'm not gonna beat a dead horse with another thread on this. Last night I Vortex'd the nine wings naked, no rub, after a half hour I tossed them in sauce and gave them another five minutes on the grill, then tossed them in sauce again. So simple, yet so darned good. RAY
DSCN1841.JPG
DSCN1842.JPG

Those look incredible Ray! I've never seen that marinade before. Is it regional?

Mike

I've gotten the stuff at Costco for years Mike, tho it's not always in stock. It's much thicker than normal teriyaki, almost like a syrup, and has a really rich teriyaki flavor. I also use in in stirfry when I break out the wok, which hasn't happened since we moved to a place with a electric stove. It can be ordered from Amazon, but it's almost five times the price I pay at Costco or Sam's Club. RAY

Reactions: MJB05615
what do you ya mean by turning the lid Ray?
The wings look awesome and I'm not a wing guy....But might have to give it a try sometime soon.

I wasn't a wing guy either Dan, but I sure am now! Ok, say the lid with the vent on it is at 12 o'clock straight up. After 10 minutes turn it to 4 o'clock, another 10 turn it to 8. That's done so all the wings get the same amount of heat distribution. You don't even have to pick the lid up, just turn. Hope that helps Dan, about as good as I can explain it. RAY

Reactions: DanMcG
I've gotten the stuff at Costco for years Mike, tho it's not always in stock. It's much thicker than normal teriyaki, almost like a syrup, and has a really rich teriyaki flavor. I also use in in stirfry when I break out the wok, which hasn't happened since we moved to a place with a electric stove. It can be ordered from Amazon, but it's almost five times the price I pay at Costco or Sam's Club. RAY

Sam's has it? Do you think Sam's here in Ga has it? I'll check here at Sam's. I'd like to try it , but would like to pay the lesser price. Thanks, either way I'll try it, hoping from Sam's. Thanks for the info.

Mike

say the lid with the vent on it is at 12 o'clock straight up. After 10 minutes turn it to 4 o'clock, another 10 turn it to 8
Thanks Ray, that's what I thought you were saying but never guessed it made that much of a difference which way the vent was facing. I'll give it a try sometime.

Damn Ray those wings look outstanding man! I was going to do some this past weekend but scored those whole chickens for cheap so just did those and the brisket instead. Will be trying this soon for sure. Both kinds! Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: sawhorseray
Damn Ray those wings look outstanding man! I was going to do some this past weekend but scored those whole chickens for cheap so just did those and the brisket instead. Will be trying this soon for sure. Both kinds! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks John! Yesterday I went shopping and scored a few packs of legs which prompted a change in our dinner menu, 59¢ a pound. I did teriyaki legs using the Vortex and gave them about a extra ten minutes, came out great. The Vortex is worth the investment just for wings and legs alone, might come in handy for seared steaks too. Thanks for the Like John, I do appreciate it. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky