disconnect the power source?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Picture looks great, size is okay also... If you need more help just drop me a PM...

Paul

Oh great, ya got it figured out.... Lookin really good so far, see ya got all excited for nothing....LOL
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

You might want to put those birds under other foods to avoid possible contamination....But yer lookin good otherwise...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I am with the BBQ Engineer chicken on the bottom. Looks like four butts to me. Being in Arizona I have never had a problem with my MES and I have smoked down into the low twentys. Lucky I guess. Looking good there you will have a happy crowd indeed.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

I agree with you guys on putting the birds on the bottom. Rookie mistake
icon_redface.gif

I also covered the shoulders in foil only 3 hrs into the smoking process instead of 5 like I was planning. I'm sure they will turn out fine...

They should be done around 6:30 and I will get some pics up tonight if not then tomorrow after all the festivities.

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome and advice.
-Ben

Called the factory and they said to remove the power unit from the box and take it inside for 45 min.
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
Did I miss something in the manual? She said it was recommended for users to take the power unit inside after the unit is not in use.

I don't believe it is in the manual but they told me the same thing on the phone. I have ever since and no problems as you describe.

this forum, it rocks, havin a hard time getting my chores dun. too much good stuff here to read and drool over. I think I mite of gained a few pounds just lookin.

Well I finished up the meat and headed out the door so fast we weren't able to get any finished pics...
icon_redface.gif

Meat looked great! It tasted good but not great...

I will need to find some good rubs that hold their flavor a bit more. The one my wife made had a good look and initial taste, but it was a bit mild.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Not bad for my first time. I will enjoy trying out different times and temps and rubs.
I'm sure I will be sending out some PM's next time I fire it up.
Thanks everyone for your help.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

If I want a great chicken out of my MES I do two things. First, I use a compound butter with garlic and herbs in it and spread it around under the skin every where I can get it - even down into the thighs. Second, try spatchcocking the bird and removing the keel bone and smoking it flat. Not only does it make it much easier to check temps in the 2 breasts and 2 thighs, but the bird will cook faster in the smoke than a whole round bird. CHeck out the color on that bronzed beauty! (the chicken)

Make a pretty neat presentation, too!

Spatchcocked bird:
2575738960055647610S600x600Q85.jpg

Happy consumers:
2325888610055647610S600x600Q85.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky