Disbelief

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pc farmer pc farmer - I see that the posts and threads I have referenced in here have been removed. Please feel free to lock and or delete this thread.

I do have the same problem with adds blocking basic features to the point that sometimes i just give up posting a new thread. I understand that free membership has limitations, but i dont understand making the adds so intrusive to frustrate members into the paid membership.

I know the standard response is "just get the paid mermbership", but if that's the case why even offer the free membership? Make it introductory for say one month and drop the 2 tier membership.

Strangely enough writing this post went surprisingly smooth with no add blocks. Lol

I appreciate your kind words (as well as the words in my PMs that people choose to not make public). I enjoy playing with my food.. probably more than I should. I spend a lot of time thinking about food and in my kitchen and outside with the smokers. A lot of stuff I don't post here simply because there's no smoke involved.

Mostly my problem with this site is the ads and how much they interrupt me especially if I am trying to post something step by step. That's the nature of this site. I won't ever pay for the ad free experience.

I'm not saying the Admin has made a knee jerk reaction - it seems to me that certain members are allowed to bully people and I can't stand that.

Yup. Agree 100%
Some admins and members love to bully, mark their territory, take charge of their cyber-world.

I'm not a mental health professional, but behavior like you mention is probably indicative of mental health/hygiene issues.

Yes, the ad issue is getting to the point of being ridiculous.

So many great, helpful members here, but unfortunately some with a chip on their shoulder.

Interesting thread. Hard to complain about a free hotdog lunch, websites cost money, you want steak you gotta chip in. The Mods? I've been here awhile, I believe they are quite fair and more than just a little patient, tough job, wouldn't be for me. Remember, they volunteer their time and effort, this place would be bedlam without them. RAY

I don't pretend to understand anyones financial position in life, but for me any forum I frequent (and I am on several) the little cost to support them is heavily outweighed by the knowledge and encouragement shared by everyone. It also saves me far more $$ by listening to experiance than havine done multiple trial and errors along the way.

Someone posted...

Yup. Agree 100%
Some admins and members love to bully, mark their territory, take charge of their cyber-world.

I'm not a mental health professional, but behavior like you mention is probably indicative of mental health/hygiene issues.

Sounds like you should go somewhere else if your talkin about mods like that bud. Just sayin

I appreciate the civil conversation. I have cleaned it a bit because we are never going to tell someone to leave because they have differing opinions. I believe the point was made and this thread has run its course so its locked. If the OP wants to talk then pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky