Dirty Rice with Andouille/Chicken Livers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dirty Rice w/ Andouille/Chicken Livers
1lb Jasmine rice
1bs Andouille sausage, grilled and sliced
1lb chicken livers, dredge in seasoned flour, pan fry and chop
4C chicken broth
1 onion, diced
1T garlic, minced
Red/Yellow bell pepper, diced
Bacon/Liver grease, dirty, see comments below
Cajun spice and red pepper to taste

In a medium sauce pan saute rice in the dirty bacon/liver grease till opaque, add onion, garlic and peppers, saute for 5 minutes

lzErDgy.jpg

HigO9Mg.jpg

Bacon/Liver grease, dirty
You want to scrape your skillet after cookinging both the bacon and livers.
All those little crunchy blackened bits are what gives Dirty Rice it's name and loads of infused flavor.
pf1Vtrr.jpg

HavRBqZ.jpg

EdPGzLi.jpg

Add broth, Andouille and livers, season to taste
wVpenfH.jpg

Bring to a boil then lower heat to a fast simmer and cook for 25-30 minutes
ach1MPj.jpg

Stir and serve
dFlDTIs.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Tom,
I had two servings at dinner and another for a midnight snack.
Good stuff, a meal in itself. ;)
Any time I make rice, I make a bunch extra to add things in for quick meals.... never sauted rice before adding the liquid though, gonna have to try that some time!

Looks mighty good John, I could eat a plate or so of that.

Point for sure.

Chris

I saw that with the Mexican Rice! I just went 'man that is alot of oil' and haven't worked up the notion to try it. <I'm sadly getting to where I can get sick from eating untrimmed pork loin.>..but it looks bang on for what good resturaunts serve. I really oughta make it next taco night!
The rice absorbs the oil, it really keeps it moist and not sticky, it is not oily/greasy at all.

Like, Bookmarked, enough said <G>
Thanks Pete, appreciate the compliment/Like.
Huh, not what I expected to learn! Definitely gonna have to start doing this then!
Oh yeah, even for plain white rice, toast a pound of rice in 2-3 tablespoons of any fat/oil until it's opaque and turning golden.
A huge flavor difference, from bland to BAM!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky