DIRTY LITTLE SECRET!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I love fish Steaks.
IMG_0540.JPG

You can add two more to that List;
Both The Bear, and Mrs Bear love that exact Sammy, but sometimes use Mayo or MW instead of Butter.

Bear
Can't beat those simple delicious flavors! I heard stories about the... the...mayo on tomato sandwiches but I've never seen one for myself...:p... Maybe I need to try it that way. I tried using mayo on the outside of a grilled cheese and I missed the butter flavor.

Last edited:
Can't beat those simple delicious flavors! I heard stories about the... the...mayo users but I've never seen one for myself...:p... Maybe I need to try it that way. I tried using mayo on the outside of a grilled cheese and I missed the butter flavor.

You're Right !!
Yuck---Not on a Grilled Cheese!!!
Grilled Cheese has to be Butter!!
Tomato & Mayo or MW were meant for each other.

Bear

Last edited:
I don’t look at these as dls just things that get ate around my house that some people would not even try. After reading this I think most of u wouldn’t mind having a snack or sandwich with me. So here we go. Souse ,scrapple. These on a chicken in the bisket cracker topped with a piece of sharp cheese sardines ,kipper ,fish steak ,smoked oysters. Then a Lebanon bologna sandwich with swiss cheese on white bread with mayo & ketchup. Here is a DLS that I believe came about because of being youngest of 4. I was last to get up in the mornings for school. So a good many times the cereals were all. My mom would tear up 2 slices of white bread in a bowl. Then pour milk on it with a sprinkle of sugar. She called it “CAT SOUP”. It got me through the morning but believe I’d have to pass on a bowl of “CAT SOUP” any more. Thanks for lookin

Last edited:
You're Right !!
Yuck---Not on a Grilled Cheese!!!
Grilled Cheese has to be Butter!!
Tomato & Mayo or MW were meant for each other.

Bear

I saw a video of a chef who will remain nameless, say the BEST way to get a light crispy tasty grilled cheese is to use mayo on the bread.

I tried and YUK!
If he served me that in his restaurant, I'd send it back after spitting out what I had in my mouth.

Butter or margarine for me! And real cheese, no processed slices or ribbon cheese.

for a nice simple TASTY treat to add to your soup, or what ever...

make some toast, butter it, and crack fresh black pepper on it!

this is even better if you toast your bread over hot coals from an open fire!

Anybody remember codfish gravy? My mom made it from the salted cod you used to find in the little wooden box with the slide top - soak it in water to pull out the salt and re-hydrate it, heat it up in a milk based gravy and served over mashed taters. Or Campbell's beans in tomato sauce with cubed Velveeta melted into it and server over toast. Mom called it "Welsh Rarebit". Or a whole block of Spam coated with a paste of mustard and brown sugar with whole cloves stuck it the top and baked. My Grandpa used to eat these giant soda crackers, like an oyster cracker but about as big around as a softball, in a bowl with butter, pepper and warm milk.

Last edited:
I love a grilled cheddar cheese sandwich with canned tuna. Add tomatoes after the cooking is done.

Noodles with butter and Parmesan cheese.

Kraft mac n cheese with tuna.

The tomato sandwich reminded me of bagels anc cream cheese with tomato and S&P. A breakfast favorite when the maters are in season!

Anybody remember codfish gravy? My mom made it from the salted cod you used to find in the little wooden box with the slide top - soak it in water to pull out the salt and re-hydrate it, heat it up in a milk based gravy and served over mashed taters. Or Campbell's beans in tomato sauce with cubed Velveeta melted into it and server over toast. Mom called it "Welsh Rarebit". Or a whole block of Spam coated with a paste of mustard and brown sugar with whole cloves stuck it the top and baked. My Grandpa used to eat these giant soda crackers, like an oyster cracker but about as big around as a softball, in a bowl with butter, pepper and warm milk.

LOL---Never had that, but there was a "Gomer Pyle" episode where every time Gomer ate "Welsh Rarebit" made by a little old lady, he had really strange dreams.

Bear

I once in a while get the munchies to eat cold out of the can corned beef with some mayo and cheese

Just a couple for now....

-Peanut butter and honey sandwich
-Peanut butter and molasses sandwich
-Vanilla ice cream with honey or molasses drizzled on top
-Microwave burritos with mayonnaise
-Graham crackers and milk
-Cold straight from the can spaghettiOs and meatballs or franks

For those of us old school folks who have a grease jar/can on the counter, a drippings sandwich. Slather some bacon drippings from the can onto a piece of lightly toasted bread then put back in the toaster for a few seconds to heat the drippings up.

Oh, and the best part about eating a nicely cooked piece of beef is sopping up the juices/drippings with a warm buttered piece of baguette.
My grandpa would eat the bacon drippings on boiled potatoes.The can was always on the stove.

I would have to go with spam. Spam and eggs, spam diced up small in the pan first cooked to your level of crispness and then eggs over the top. A little hot sauce or like my buddy he uses ketchup.
Great on camping trips and so easy to cook. No grease since the Spam cooks first and renders out some fat for the eggs to cook without sticking.
And i still like the old style pork cracklings.

For fast? Microwaved Michelina’s pollo penne and lasagna alfredo (with broccoli) mixed together.
If I have a bit more time:
Start browning regular GB.
Boil water for instant rice
Dice onion toss in GB
Add rice to water
Dice red/green pepper
Add to GB.
Make toast
When rice done add to GB
Stir all up!
Add soya/worcestershire salt/pepper to taste
Eat with toast!!!!!
I LOVE this stuff!

I would have to go with spam. Spam and eggs, spam diced up small in the pan first cooked to your level of crispness and then eggs over the top. A little hot sauce or like my buddy he uses ketchup.
Great on camping trips and so easy to cook. No grease since the Spam cooks first and renders out some fat for the eggs to cook without sticking.
And i still like the old style pork cracklings.

MMMMMmmm-----You mean like this (Below)?
Spam Scramble

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky