DIRTY LITTLE SECRET!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
How on earth I missed this is beyond me, but I did.

It's not so cheap any more but it's darn good. Toasted dark rye bread with; Mustard, Limburger cheese, onion, and kipper snacks. The Limburger cheese is what costs now days, 8 bucks for an 8oz bar. When Limburger cheese wasn't so expensive I would make these, take them to work let them sit on table till lunch. You get the best flavor at room temp. For those of you that don't know it Limburger cheese has a very strong Odor, and at room temp its very pronounced. The guys at work hated it, but if ya can get past the smell its very good. 

I also enjoy spam and eggs, fried Bologna, Elvis sandwiches which is peanut butter and banana, mac and cheese with little smokies, souse or head cheese sandwiches. 

I got in trouble for starting my BBQing too early, at about 4 years old.

I got caught standing on a kitchen chair, holding a wood handled fork, with a piece of Ring Bologna stuck on it, over the flame of Mom's Kitchen Gas Stove!!

I think my Dad ate it.

Bear

Reactions: mike w
For me it's Jeno's frozen pizzas. For some reason they aren't around here any more... but they show up every once-in-a-while and I load up on them!

For the more home-made fair, it would have to be fried bologna sandwiches. A couple of slices of bologna, with little slits so it doesn't curl up as much, with some cheddar or american, a little mayo, mustard on toasted white bread.

Finally, and still in the sandwich range, growing up we had this little pocket sandwich maker called a toasty-tite. It was a circular mold that was hinged, and when you close it over your sandwich of choice (bread buttered on the outside!) it would cut off the crusts of the bread, making this circular sandwich with all of the ingredients sealed inside. Then you just throw it over burner and let it toast! The best were always PB&J, but you had to be really careful because the inside of the sandwich is a pocket of peanut butter/jelly magma ready to explode all over! I recently found a toasty-tite at a yard sale and I was so excited! Then my mom bought me one for Christmas too!!! Ah, life is good!

Say it ain't so Chef Jeramy!!  Taco bell sauce pack?  
ROTF.gif
  These things are just GREAT!  I'm sorry to keep bringing it up but sometimes I have tears in my eyes laughing.  We spend hours in prep time and smoking certain meals and then fry up a pack of cheap hot dogs or open a can of Spam for another meal.  Powered cheese for Mac and Cheese, uncooked cans of whatever, mustard and X sandwiches.  We are just a bunch of of charlatans at heart.  Here it is in one sentence:  I LIKE JUNK FOOD!  Not everyday but it has it's place in culinary history for me.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Liverwurst with raw onion and ketchup on dark rye here...Also Kraft Mac and Cheese...powder pack kind. It is the best by far. Spam chunks and scrambled eggs topped with american cheese for a quick meal.

Like a lot of people on here the Kraft Mac & Cheese, with hot dogs or bacon.  Also Chef Boyardee or Spaghettios.  Spaghettios need the dogs as well.

Fried bologna sandwiches or peanut butter and bologna as well.  Occasional frozen pizzas, Red Baron for me.

Also hot dogs topped with Easy Cheese from the spray can, either sharp cheddar or cheddar n bacon.

Say it ain't so Chef Jeramy!!  Taco bell sauce pack?  :ROTF   These things are just GREAT!  I'm sorry to keep bringing it up but sometimes I have tears in my eyes laughing.  We spend hours in prep time and smoking certain meals and then fry up a pack of cheap hot dogs or open a can of Spam for another meal.  Powered cheese for Mac and Cheese, uncooked cans of whatever, mustard and X sandwiches.  We are just a bunch of of charlatans at heart.  Here it is in one sentence:  I LIKE JUNK FOOD!  Not everyday but it has it's place in culinary history for me.  Keep Smokin!
Danny

For me a lot of what it is, what is quick and easy for that moment. We get so focused on putting out the events that we miss the simple thing of eating. I will get almost home and realize that I have not eaten all day, I know crazy thought since I work around and with food. So I will usually grab a sub from the store on the way home. But on the days I already have stuff for dinner I will throw something on a tortilla shell with cheese and into the microwave. Throw a bit of salsa on it roll it up and it usually will hit the spot. One of the most interesting was when I forgot the hot dog buns. So I heated up the dog, melted some cheese with canned hot dog chili sauce and rolled it up in the tortilla shell, let's say it was messy and did not totally suck. My kids look at me funny when they see me pull the tortilla shells out. They start whispering " now what is he making?" I will just smile and say " don't knock it till you try it!"

I go back to what I said before. Not all Chefs eat gourmet at home. A friend of mine is probably one of the most creative Chefs I have had the pleasure to work with. He has a soft spot for Big Macs. Another one has a soft spot for frozen fish sticks.......

So keep eating what makes you feel good and brings you great memories!!!!!!!!

Interesting to see this Joopster.

Just replenished my supply of Tahini today!

Hummus tomorrow!

Not really in the line of a dirty little secret, tho.

Good luck and good smoking.

Wanted to have my favorite snack, Homemade Jerky but not really in the mood since my yellow lab had to be put down a couple of days ago who I shared my snacks with.  RIP Ruger

Oh RugerLab, I am just reading this now, and INDEED know how painful that is, (to lose a dog), and I am so sorry about your loss! So sorry!

Please think of the good, remember the good - such as sharing jerky and so it goes - versus anything else near the end.

Here is to happy memories, and your sweet pal being with you still, in that way, and in happy forms!

Cheers! - Leah

Sorry to hear about Ruger.

Other than that news...what a great thread!  I'll try to think of a few of my guilty pleasures...

Peanut butter pickle, bannana, or pickle and bananna sandwich. 
banana_smiley.gif

I was very poor after college and lived on a steady diet of this once per day and grew to love it: Ramen noodles with tuna, cheese, and peas.  mmmmmmm heavenly

braunschweiger with crackers. usually turns into race with dad.

bologna, swiss, and chips sandwiched between white bread.  or salami and swiss chips and white bread.  All day baby.

Baked potato topped with the following: butter, sour creme, shredded cheese, fried eggs, salt, pepper, and loads of ketchup.  If you have not, you must try this.  MUST.

Brownies taste best when eaten with chips and washed down with orange juice.
wtf1.gif
 it's good though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky