Dirty Fatty Rice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

willkat98

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 11, 2005
1 Sage Fatty
1 Box Zatarain's Dirty Rice

Brown and crumble the fatty, then add to rice mixture. 20 minutes and your in heaven.

We had this as the main meal last night, but would also be great as a side dish.

Only wish I had time to have used a smoked fatty :)

Chi-Bill, that does sound good. This will definitely go into the "Things to do with a Fatty" folder!! I used some Country Sausage Fattie to stuff some bell peppers with. Was in one of my "experimental" modes and was surprised at how well it turned out.

I know its cheating, not making from scratch, but I start cooking the minute I get home, to try and eat by 6:30. Weekends are for low and slow.

I've added chicken to Rice a Roni Larry, gonna need to try the fatty. Any recs on type of fatty and type of Roni?

And chicken in Zatarains Chicken Creole (or Creole whatever its called) is awesome. We serve it on tortillas with Salsa Verde on the side. Good stuff.

If it was up to me, the oven would be off from June till October. Love these quick meals

Great stuff, guys! You've given me some ideas for menu planning for my miserable summer schedule! Thanks millions!
Cheers!
Monty

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky