Dino bones?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

grouper sandwich

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
I picked up a couple of cryo packs of decent looking dino bones last night at Waldo World and figured I'd toss them on the smoker and drench them in some pecan smoke Saturday for the FSU/MIami game. Anyway, it's been many a moon since I've messed with these. Should I use a modified 3-2-1 with them, say a 3-1-1, or just go straight smoke for 5-6 hours? Do they need less time than babybacks?

I did some last week using the basic 3-2-1 method and they were great.

1c045475_ribssmall.jpg

icon_cool.gif

He is alive after all. Brian I haven't heard from you I awhile my friend. Now dino bones I haven't done them in a while now. I will say that those you did there Culpepper look really yummie. Now I have some short rib that have really long bones and they smoke better by temp not by time as most ribs. I can't wait to see your ribs brian............ 

Holy cow those look amazing. I'm not familiar with "Dino Bones" what is it and does it already come with the "French Cut" or do you do that? Curious Squirrels want to know!

Okay, so after looking at Bears Dinos the it's not really a "French Cut" but it looks like one due to shrinkage
icon_eek.gif

Yup, they get a lot more "pull-back" than Porky Pig Ribs.

I love 'em!

They taste just like the best part of what they were cut off of--The Prime Rib.

MMMMMmmmmmm,

Bear

Yes Mark, I'm still alive. It's been a very busy summer with the girls. Lots of boat time, shuttling to and from various camps and making sure the wife is happy and attended to. LOL...Oh yeah, and some pretty good Q from time to time also.

I think I'm do them 3-2-1 and watch the "2" to make sure they don't get over tender. I'm not big fan of fall off the bone. If I think of it I will post some qview off the feast.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky