Dinner roll recipe share

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just mixed mine and dough was a little dry. Humidity affects bread recipes. If a little dry just wet your hands and work the dough. It does not take much.

Thanks Brian for posting this! Made my first half batch last night... they turned out really good! Gonna make a full batch today.

20201127_214056.jpg

Not perfect shape by any means, guess I'll have to eat the ugly ones.

Ryan

We are bread eaters at our house. These are going into the rotation. Thanks for posting.
Jim

So far I've made three half batches of these dinner rolls, but dabbled with the recipe each time and got three different results.

1. First batch: Used Bob's Red Mill AP flour 10% heavier than King Arthur AP), half water/half pineapple juice, and 1/4 cup sugar (full recipe amount). 8 rolls in a 9" metal cake pan. Result was fantastic but could taste the pineapple. Took 31 mins to reach bread done temp.

2. Second batch: Same flour as above, half water/half milk, and 1/4 cup sugar. Made 12 rolls in a 7x11" glass pan. Only took 25 mins to get done and rolls were delicious but lacked character. A bit tough.

3. Third batch: Used lighter weight King Arthur AP flour, half water/half pineapple juice, same sugar as a full recipe, and baked in a 9x13" aluminum baking pan. Only took 23 minutes, not real brown but VERY light and tender. No pineapple taste and EXACTLY matched Kings Hawaiian rolls for taste and texture. This is how I'll make them from now on. So good!

Last batch (minus a couple for turkey sandwiches).

20201128_135840.jpg

So far I've made three half batches of these dinner rolls, but dabbled with the recipe each time and got three different results.

1. First batch: Used Bob's Red Mill AP flour 10% heavier than King Arthur AP), half water/half pineapple juice, and 1/4 cup sugar (full recipe amount). 8 rolls in a 9" metal cake pan. Result was fantastic but could taste the pineapple. Took 31 mins to reach bread done temp.

2. Second batch: Same flour as above, half water/half milk, and 1/4 cup sugar. Made 12 rolls in a 7x11" glass pan. Only took 25 mins to get done and rolls were delicious but lacked character. A bit tough.

3. Third batch: Used lighter weight King Arthur AP flour, half water/half pineapple juice, same sugar as a full recipe, and baked in a 9x13" aluminum baking pan. Only took 23 minutes, not real brown but VERY light and tender. No pineapple taste and EXACTLY matched Kings Hawaiian rolls for taste and texture. This is how I'll make them from now on. So good!

Last batch (minus a couple for turkey sandwiches).

View attachment 472932
Those look amazing! Thanks for sharing your different methods... gives me some direction. Here's my second try at them...a full batch, followed the recipe exactly, in a 10 x 15 pan...they were quite big. Really good but not the kings Hawaiian taste I'd like to get.

20201128_132622.jpg

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky