Different types of sugars....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
 Really appreciate the post Dave!  I never put any thought into the type of sugar and didn't know all of the possibilities.  Gonna put this to use in some recipes :)

I have been putting pure maple sugar to use in bacon, back bacon and ham. Our Costco has been carrying it lately, usually got it direct from Quebec. I find the sugar has a more concentrated maple flavor than the syrup. Mixed with Demerara, makes a damn nice bacon!

I have been putting pure maple sugar to use in bacon, back bacon and ham. Our Costco has been carrying it lately, usually got it direct from Quebec. I find the sugar has a more concentrated maple flavor than the syrup. Mixed with Demerara, makes a damn nice bacon!
Wow - that sounds amazing! You have any idea how amazing chocolate chip cookies would be with that?!

Maple Sugar? Do you have to order it from Vermont/Maine also?

Maple Sugar? Do you have to order it from Vermont/Maine also?
@Foamheart No sir! As  I mentioned, I used to get it from Quebec, they supply 3/4 of the worlds supply of maple products. I have relatives there so it was simple to get it from the source before it was marked up too many times. The stuff I used for the last couple runs of stuff I got from Costco. They had it displayed in with the spices, next to the cinnamon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky