Differences in MES smokers -- Newbie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

biemer19

Original poster
Mar 12, 2013
Eagle, Wisconsin
Guys,

I am a newbie in the market to start smoking and have narrowed my search to an electric smoker based on all the positive feedback here.  I have been looking at the two MES smokers listed later and the Bradley Smoker.  I understand the pros and cons between Bradley and MES.  However, I have read about 50 pages worth of topics in this category and trying to find out what the differences are between the MES 30' Black smoker with no window and the 30" stainless steel with window besides the obvious Window and material.  

I have found the MES model 20070910 at WalMart for $177 and then the MES model 20070411(1st gen) on Amazon for around $300.  Is the extra cost for the stainless steel with the window worth the extra money?  Is the performance that much better?  

I think that the 30" has sufficient room for my needs so I haven't really considered the 40" at this time.  I tried to also look at masterbuilt's website, but they don'e seem to have any info on these since they are listed as out of stock.

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I apologize in advance if this is a repeat topic that has been regurgitated over and over.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks for any assistance.   [/font]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky