Did anybody else lose a bunch of points??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

snorkelinggirl

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 15, 2012
Hi,

Just wondering if anybody else has noticed that they lost some points in the last day or two? I'm not sure if it is just me and I got dinged for something, or if something changed system-wide.

Just wondering.....

Hope everybody has a great Friday and weekend!!
Clarissa

Yes I did as well.. thought I p'd someone off.. :) its been today they changed since thks morning..

Last edited:
I do know that we had a small update this morning.. that may have triggered something unintended. I just checked mine and it seems to be correct..

If it helps jeff looking at my points comments and who gave them to me..I can tell ya that im missing four and I believe they are from the same moderator.. maybe a glitch attached to that mod... maybe all of that mods points the gave was erased. Not sure of I should say here but you can pm me for the moderates name..

Apparently! You wouldnt know it.. but apparently im a trouble maker Clarissa! Lol...
Oh well.. back to good food ;)
Hope you have a good weekend C! *muah*
Mikey bad?  No way.

I cant believe it.

What are points?

(LOL)

(-6)
And how do we redeem them? 

pot.gif

And how do we redeem them? 

pot.gif
I am checking on this.. apparently, if you get points from someone and that person gets banned, the points go away as well. I am reporting this to Huddler and we'll see what they say about it.

This problems has been solved and everyone should have the proper amount now. Thanks for pointing it out to me
biggrin.gif

Do many people get banned from here? There does not appear to be significant forum abuse taking place?

I know of three moderators who have been dismissed and banned as of yesterday...can't quite understand this as they were some of the best members , two of whom were OTBS members and in my opinion really good moderators.  I guess we lost any points that they gave us, I lost a few as well but in truth that is not why I post and read on this forum...

In any case, we should carry on and continue to participate and do our best to uphold the integrity of the SMF.

biggrin.gif

Bill

Last edited:
"I know of three moderators who have been dismissed and banned as of yesterday... "  That's a shame.

I agree:   "In any case, we should carry on and continue to participate and do our best to uphold the integrity of the SMF."

Do many people get banned from here? There does not appear to be significant forum abuse taking place?

It does not happen often and only when there is no other alternative. The points problem is now fixed and everyone should have their points back.

I know of three moderators who have been dismissed and banned as of yesterday...can't quite understand this as they were some of the best members , two of whom were OTBS members and in my opinion really good moderators.  I guess we lost any points that they gave us, I lost a few as well but in truth that is not why I post and read on this forum...

In any case, we should carry on and continue to participate and do our best to uphold the integrity of the SMF.

biggrin.gif

Bill
That is true and while I will not be going into any details on this since it would not be productive nor kosher, I can reassure all of you that, unfortunately, it was warranted and necessary.

That is true and while I will not be going into any details on this since it would not be productive nor kosher, I can reassure all of you that, unfortunately, it was warranted and necessary.
I heard about it so i'm logged on to (poke my head in the door)   Is it safe to come back?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky