Did a little fundraising this weekend...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jjmrascal

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
Rincon, Ga
I helped cook in a Boston butt fundraiser for the chruch this weekend.  I showed up an hour later than the others and they laughed at the mag wheels on the Lang as I added it to the rag-tag fleet of homebuilts and other units.  (They said "Are you sure that's a cooker and not a showpiece?!")  Turned out it cooked better than it looked!  I was pulling the first shoulders off after 7 1/2 hours and the rest up to the 9 hour mark. The other units cooked so UNevenly that the guys were tossing half done shoulders to plug my holes.  I was really proud and am joyful to have been blessed with such an even cooking rig.  It was a real star performer.  It was also the first time I had it maxed out (21 shoulders).  Talk about a MESS afterwards but I got it cleaned.  Here are a couple shots of the day: 

ba5e6e3c_December2010013.jpg
06d5fe03_December2010015.jpg
37242ccc_December2010012.jpg

Looks great I'm surre they weren't making fun of your Lang by the time you were done
biggrin.gif
  is that another Lang I spotted in the pics looks like a Lang 48 mobile

Man that was some cookout for sure

Congrats to all on a great event

Looks great I'm surre they weren't making fun of your Lang by the time you were done
biggrin.gif
  is that another Lang I spotted in the pics looks like a Lang 48 mobile
Yeah it was an older model and it was definitely the second best cooker there.  I think what hampered it is the guy NEVER cleans it out and there was a thick layer of junk built up on the plate.  But there is something to be said of the design of these units.

wow how many people were you cooking for ?
We sold 130 Boston butts.  It was a great fundraiser and I had a lot of fun.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky