Dessert = Smoked CI Pineapple Upside Down cake

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Dessert = Smoked CI Pineapple Upside Down cake, Big single serve dishes

Found a recipe for skillet upside down cake , but I just wanted to make 2 servings ( each dish could be 2 servings in most homes, lol )

All the ingredients together , in a sauce pan melt the butter and brown sugar until dissolved, pour into CI dishes.
Place the pineapple in and a couple pecan halves. Mix up the batter lightly pour in and than off to the preheated smoker at 350 - 360 deg.
With cherry chunks rolling

DSC_7042.JPG DSC_7043.JPG DSC_7044.JPG

DSC_7045.JPG DSC_7046.JPG

pulled from the smoker at about 50 minutes, or when the cakes when pushed on top they spring back, golden brown.
Bring into the house and let sit for 5 minutes. loosen the edges with a knife and place a plate on top and flip

DSC_7047.JPG
DSC_7048.JPG

They came out of the dish perfect, always worried it will break or not want to leave the dish at all. lol

Cut in half to add the Cool Whip for a single serve, who am I kidding i ate 1 myself.

DSC_7050.JPG
DSC_7051.JPG

DSC_7053.JPG

DSC_7055.JPG

Well there you go, it worked and tasted very nice. Always love me some pineapple and this was a great treat.
The cake is still warm and the Cool Whip is melting , I must go and finish.
Glad you had a look , and it is well worth trying.

David

Last edited:
Looks fantastic David. I'd be all over that with some vanilla bean ice cream on top.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Very nice David. I was never a big dessert fan but mom made a fantastic pineapple upside down cake that I loved. This looks fantastic buddy and I love the idea of a little smoke on it. That plated shot looks perfectly executed. Well done sir.

Robert

Very nice David. I was never a big dessert fan but mom made a fantastic pineapple upside down cake that I loved. This looks fantastic buddy and I love the idea of a little smoke on it. That plated shot looks perfectly executed. Well done sir.

Robert

Thanks Robert for the like and the comment

It was very nice and I like my sweets. Came across the recipe for doing in a skillet, so of coarse it would work in the smoker, lol

I enjoyed the touch of smoke , Mona not so much. Which is strange because she enjoyed the Strawberry short cake I smoked awhile ago and I thought it had more smoke in it . As the berrys and the cake were both smoked. I can't figure her out. lol :emoji_confused: :emoji_confused:

David

Dessert = Smoked CI Pineapple Upside Down cake, Big single serve dishes

Found a recipe for skillet upside down cake , but I just wanted to make 2 servings ( each dish could be 2 servings in most homes, lol )

All the ingredients together , in a sauce pan melt the butter and brown sugar until dissolved, pour into CI dishes.
Place the pineapple in and a couple pecan halves. Mix up the batter lightly pour in and than off to the preheated smoker at 350 - 360 deg.
With cherry chunks rolling

View attachment 661166 View attachment 661167 View attachment 661168

View attachment 661169 View attachment 661170

pulled from the smoker at about 50 minutes, or when the cakes when pushed on top they spring back, golden brown.
Bring into the house and let sit for 5 minutes. loosen the edges with a knife and place a plate on top and flip

View attachment 661171 View attachment 661172

They came out of the dish perfect, always worried it will break or not want to leave the dish at all. lol

Cut in half to add the Cool Whip for a single serve, who am I kidding i ate 1 myself.

View attachment 661174View attachment 661175

View attachment 661177

View attachment 661179

Well there you go, it worked and tasted very nice. Always love me some pineapple and this was a great treat.
The cake is still warm and the Cool Whip is melting , I must go and finish.
Glad you had a look , and it is well worth trying.

David
Oh my goodness this looks so good. Hubs will be excited to see this! Thanks for sharing.

I’m with gmc2003 gmc2003 and a big scoop of ’nilla ice cream. But of course I wouldn’t turn the cool whip down.
Looks mighty good.

Jim

Thanks Jim for the like and the comment

Yes gmc2003 gmc2003 Chris has the right idea, the recipe actually said to try with
whip cream or Ice cream and the strong vanilla bean would have brought another layer for sure.
But I use what we had and oh so good :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum:

David

I always love to see a dessert with smoke. Not as easy of a combination to put together; this looks perfect! yum!

Thanks Kimberly for the like and the comment

It was very tasty and I love some desserts done up with smoke
I have done a few
Pecan Pie Thanks to TNJAKE TNJAKE for his recipe, and my Mexican rice pudding, and of coarse strawberry short cake where I smoked the berries and the cake
DSC_2334.JPG 2.JPG
10.JPG

and I'm open to try others also, lol

David

Reactions: gmc2003
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky