Deer Summer Sasuage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

argonnawin

Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
Central Arkansas
I have made Jerkey and summer sasuage out of  deer.  My son in the military wants a goodie box from home he's overseas.

Would this be safe to ship??? He wants some really bad, but Im hesitant to send, I dont want it to go bad before it gets there( the sasuage) The jerky I can shrink wrap and it will be ok, the sasuage I smoked for 6hrs total and added tender quick to the mixture and used ground chuck for the fat content with sharp cheddar and jalapeno mixed in. I have it stored in the freezer. Is there a different process  for making SS that will ship well and retain freshness? Anybody have any ideas other than dry Ice. it  may take a week to reach his destination. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky