Deer Summer Sasuage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

argonnawin

Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
Central Arkansas
I have made Jerkey and summer sasuage out of  deer.  My son in the military wants a goodie box from home he's overseas.

Would this be safe to ship??? He wants some really bad, but Im hesitant to send, I dont want it to go bad before it gets there( the sasuage) The jerky I can shrink wrap and it will be ok, the sasuage I smoked for 6hrs total and added tender quick to the mixture and used ground chuck for the fat content with sharp cheddar and jalapeno mixed in. I have it stored in the freezer. Is there a different process  for making SS that will ship well and retain freshness? Anybody have any ideas other than dry Ice. it  may take a week to reach his destination. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky