Deer Rib Tallow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sb59

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
New Jersey
Good Morning everyone,

Does anyone have a recipe to share that gets rid of the tallow in deer ribs? No matter what I try after the 1st rib my mouth feels like I've eaten a bar of Ivory soap!

Only thing ever worked for me was a sharp knife, and that doesn't work real good on Deer "Ribs".

When I was a Kid, my Mom never removed the fat from a deer roast, chop, or steak, and all night after Dinner we would be scraping tallow off of the roofs of our mouths for hours.

Bear

I've pretty much given up on trying to save them. Can't even feed to my dogs because then I can't hear the TV over them smacking their lips all night. And setters have some big lips!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky