deer bacon question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mcmelik

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 28, 2009
Aurelia Iowa
I have a question about making deer bacon? I just got my order in from Curly's. I ordered deer bacon, Brats and old fashioned wiener seasonings.
The deer bacon makes 25 pounds and is suppose to be 2 inches thick. Do you make 2 or 3 pans of it or do you just throw it all in one pan and make a big piece? If anyone has done this some suggestions sure whould be nice on which works the best.

I like keeping it at the suggested 2"'s thick, about the thickness of regular bacon befor eit is cooked. I have done thicker and the time it took to bring to temperature change quite a bit. It was a full day smoke as the consistancy of the venison bacon is thick and heavy.

Pending on what smoker you are using, I would pick a disposable aluminum pan's that best covers your rcks, thus getting the most out the room your smoker has.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky