Deep Dish CI Grilled Mexican Prime Rib Casserole (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Crushed it! Man that looks amazing! Great job on putting together a creative and cohesive dish off the cuff!
Thanks so much my friend. With as few ingredients that were used, it wasn't difficult to make them cohesive. Simple stuff that just went well together. Of course, using prime rib didn't hurt the cause either :emoji_wink:

Robert

Great meal Robert!
I think you could take just about anything & make a great meal out of it!
You even made a mess look good!
I bet they tasted amazing!
Thannks so much for the kind words Al. You know what they say though: necessity is the mother of all invention. We needed something to eat, time was short, so I just tried to work with what I had. In the end though, it came out really well.

Robert

Phenomenal piece of work Robert, I'd stand in line for an hour for the opportunity to sit down to the dish!
Thanks very much my friend. I can promise you though, if you were here for dinner, you would not be standing in line for an hour :emoji_wink: You'd be first through the chow line.

Robert

And WOW, what a plan it was, Robert. Sometimes the best meals just "come together" with a little of this and a little of that.
Couldn't agree more. I have a tendency to stand in front of the fridge, then into the pantry, just looking around to see what we have and what I think I can throw together with it.
I can only imagine...
Seriously buddy, the flavor on this meal was fantastic and very authentic.

Robert

Great job Robert! Very creative way to use leftovers. That might be a good one for me to try on a weeknight when time is short. Thanks for sharing!
And thank you for the kind words Tyler. This really is a very tasty meal that can be put together and ready to eat very quickly. With your clan though you'd need to use a bigger skillet :emoji_laughing:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: CTXSmokeLover
Very nice, Robert! And fortuitous, since I did an Eye of Round a couple of days ago on the KUDU rotisserie and let it get away from me so it was a little on the "chewy" side.
I was just getting ready to dice it up for Chile but I like the looks of this!
I'm assuming those are flour tortillas and they look like they've been toasted.
I'm afraid I don't have your Mexican spice mix recipe and I don't know what Sazon Goya is. If you get the time, let me know the recipe?
From past experience, I know I'm going to be making a trip to one or two of the Mexican groceries in my neighborhood
Thanks so much for the kind words Dan. Your leftover EOR would work perfectly for this. The beef broth would bring the tenderness back with a short simmer time. I tend to get my Mexican spices from Amazon so I can read through all of them and decide on the best option for me...and usually that means I'm looking for the better quality items. Here is the recipe for my Mexican spice blend:

1 T Kosher salt
½ T Oregano
1 T Garlic powder
1 t Black pepper
½ t Chipotle powder
1 T Arbol powder
1 ½ T Pasilla powder
1 T Ancho powder
1T Guajillo powder
1 T Granulated onion
½ T Chili powder

When I use up what I have made now I'll redo the recipe incorporating the Sazon Goya into the mix as well as the Chimayo Chili I just discovered from our good friend BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma This does not make a lot, which is typical. When I start putting a spice blend together I use small quantities so if it's a disaster and goes on the trash, I'm not wasting a ton of ingredients.

Robert

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Who the hell would think to make a prime rib Mexican casserole? Robert would! Looks freaking awesome man! Better watch out. Pablo Escobar is going to show up on your step wanting to Mexican grub with stuff looking that good.
Thanks buddy but you give entirely too much credit. Just using what I can find in the fridge and pantry. Now...if Pablo shows up I'm sure he'll have some interesting stuff to trade for dinner :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Drool. And burn! Looks great!
Thanks Steve!! It was some pretty tasty stuff but not much burn. A little tingle from the spice mix but our jalapenos recently haven't packed much of a punch unfortunately.

Robert

Nicely done Robert, that meal looks fabulous.
Thanks so much Chris. As noted, it was a bit of a disjointed mess. I only posted it because it was a quick, easy, and really tasty meal. Certainly not one of my best presentations :emoji_wink:

Robert

Looks great, especially those jalapeños on top. Reminds me of a deep dish pizza. Very nice!
Hey Derek!! Thanks for the kind words and it's nice to see you back. Hope all has been well with you and yours.

I guess you have a point. It kinda is a lot like a deep dish pizza, but that's OK because we love a good pizza too.

Robert

What's not to love about that! Nice job on that...sounds like your first piece had my plating abilities written all over it!
Appreciate it Ryan. That first piece looked like somebody stuck a hand gernade inside a frog and pulled the pin. Wasn't pretty, that's for sure. Taste was there of course but it sure was ugly :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Man, that’s quite a turn around to take left over prime rib and turn it into something that looks delicious as your deep dish Mexican casserole, Robert! I think I’d prefer it to the prime rib, sign me up sir!

Hey Derek!! Thanks for the kind words and it's nice to see you back. Hope all has been well with you and yours.

I guess you have a point. It kinda is a lot like a deep dish pizza, but that's OK because we love a good pizza too.

Robert
All is well here, Robert. Hope the same for you as well.

Looks mighty fine to my eyes!
Thank you sir...but perhaps it's time for a new eyeglass prescription :emoji_laughing: JK of course and I do appreciate the kind words but that's a long way from being one of my better presentations.

Robert

Man, that’s quite a turn around to take left over prime rib and turn it into something that looks delicious as your deep dish Mexican casserole, Robert! I think I’d prefer it to the prime rib, sign me up sir!
Thanks so much my friend. We do love our PR around here but this turned out to be a nice way to utilize the leftovers. Don't know that I'd take it over straight-up PR or not, but it sure was good.

Robert

All is well here, Robert. Hope the same for you as well.
Glad to hear that all is well Derek. Things around here are also good but it's been an insanely busy couple of months. Looks like things might be starting to calm down though. Hope to see you around more.

Robert

Thank you sir...but perhaps it's time for a new eyeglass prescription :emoji_laughing: JK of course and I do appreciate the kind words but that's a long way from being one of my better presentations.

Robert
I would rater eat a great meal than a mediocre meal that looks nice! It looks like a great meal to me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky