Deckbox

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

krj

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
I'm moving some things around on my porch where all the equipment is stationed, and I somehow managed to end up some extra space. I've been wanting to get a deckbox to stash charcoal, chimney, sealed up probes, extra grates, etc. But I think I'd like a seat style box so I can sit out and enjoy the horrible scenery that is my town. Anyone have an recommendations for something that seals up fairly decent, and is sturdy enough for my fat butt?

If you are handy and have the means I'd just build one yourself. Will be cheaper and look nicer than anything you are going to buy. If not I think you can buy those plastic garden type boxes at Home Depot or Wal mart. Seems like a good way to store things, grab a cold 6er, relax, and enjoy that horrible scenery

https://www.suncast.com/outdoor-storage/deck-boxes/extra-large/db9750.html
I have a suncast box . Never has gotton water in it . I have 3 rubber maid totes on the inside just to divide stuff . If you check that link , look at the pic with the lid open . Thats what you want . Single wall with rigid support . Mines not a seat type but we sit on it holds up fine . Mine is over 12 years old . Needs a good power wash , but held up good for 12 years in the sun .
20190523_144945.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bearcarver
If you are handy and have the means I'd just build one yourself. Will be cheaper and look nicer than anything you are going to buy. If not I think you can buy those plastic garden type boxes at Home Depot or Wal mart. Seems like a good way to store things, grab a cold 6er, relax, and enjoy that horrible scenery
maybe do what smokinvol says that way you could put a high wall on the side of your horrible scenery and put a nice picture of something.

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
https://www.suncast.com/outdoor-storage/deck-boxes/extra-large/db9750.html
I have a suncast box . Never has gotton water in it . I have 3 rubber made totes on the inside just to divide stuff . If you check that link , look at the pic with the lid open . Thats what you want . Single wall with rigid support . Mines not a seat type but we sit on it holds up fine . Mine is over 12 years old . Needs a good power wash , but help up good for 12 years in the sun .
View attachment 396271

There ya go!!
Can't beat that with a Stick!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky