Decent Bread Machine?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yeah, I'm kind of looking at the Zojirushi's, too. But even the used ones tend to be a bit pricey. I'll probably wait and see if the wife got the hints, and if not I'll pull the trigger on one after Christmas.
I've had the v20 for around 20 years. I make strictly sourdough, so I basically use the custom cycle to do my kneading for me. However, it does pretty good bread just using their bread cycles...

Where are your pictures of you new loaves of bread ??? You know that...
1thisthreadisuselesswithoutpictures.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Since you were kind enough to "show me yours".... I'll "show you mine".....

The slices are ~5" square... I add caraway and dill seed to each loaf... I like the flavor mix...
Bread3 001.JPG Bread3 002.JPG

I've been throwing hints like crazy at the wife, that I would like a bread machine for Christmas. We had one years ago when the kids were small, and worked it to death. But she is dead-set against it, since she is now in Weight Watchers, and believes that no one else in the household should have any fun, either. The heck with that! I've had my eye on a Cuisinart CBK-100 like this one:
ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5
(I can't get the image to show.)
I like the idea of a horizontal loaf like store bread, rather than the tall, square ones the old one produced. The main problem though, as I recall, was that the paddle would scrape off the Teflon (or whatever it was) coating, and ruin the bread. I assume they've improved the things in the last 20 years. Speaking of product durability, how long do skateboards last? Anyone have a good recommendation?
Hi
I am looking to purchase a bread machine. I am from Vancouver, Canada. Nothing too expensive maybe under $100. Can anyone can suggest one that kneads the dough and makes good loaf breads?? I absolutely suck at hand kneading!

Last edited:
I did end up buying a 2nd hand Zojirushi for $120. Been happy with it, & should probably drag it out again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky