Deals from Northern Tool March 27-29, 2018

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yeah, I've got bottle brushes. I would have used them had I known. I just didn't think anything like this would happen.

Try using Flitz and one of their small buff balls or a padded buffing wheel in a drill to buff out the affected metal. They are aluminum and it reacted and oxidized with the compounds in your dishwasher soap. I think it should buff back out and the flitz will also restore the smooth shiny surface. You should be able to find this at your auto parts stores or Walmart.

Then hand wash from here on out.

Try using Flitz and one of their small buff balls or a padded buffing wheel in a drill to buff out the affected metal. They are aluminum and it reacted and oxidized with the compounds in your dishwasher soap. I think it should buff back out and the flitz will also restore the smooth shiny surface. You should be able to find this at your auto parts stores or Walmart.

Then hand wash from here on out.
I may have to try that. Northern Tool never got back to me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky