Daylight savings....keep it or can it?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Doesn't "fall back" mean back to normal time before daylight savings??
In any case, I'd like it to stay "back" year round, the daylight is much more "centered" on normal waking hours year round than when pushed forward an hour. But that's just me, I hate daylight till 9:30 at night.

At it's lowest, daylight is 9:27 long (sun rise to set)
At it's longest it's 14:51 (midwest of course)
Now that I am smoking briskets from about 2-3 PM til a good bark has set in around 8-10 PM, and I live further north than you, so only warm weather cooks for me, I love that daylight until late. I know St. Louis is cold, too.

Good for late golfing, too!

• Haha
Reactions: eaglewing
Now that I am smoking briskets from about 2-3 PM til a good bark has set in around 8-10 PM, and I live further north than you, so only warm weather cooks for me, I love that daylight until late. I know St. Louis is cold, too.

Good for late golfing, too!
I can see that
hi.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Displaced Texan
Hey, Congress: It ain’t broke. Don’t “fix” it!

Same on this side of the border, the government talks about it every year that I can remember, and that's a lot of clock changing.
To me everyone gets all bent out of shape around here ( Canada ) .
but no one has any great ideas when asked , " well which one should be stick with. " We have at least 1 province that does not change and they seem fine.
But I myself do not have a problem with the changing of the clocks. does not seem to mess with my days or work. when I'm tired I sleep , if I have to work later or earlier at a job I do. It is not that big of a deal, JUST everyone makes too big of a deal about it.

But that is me , ( even in my family there is lots of crying on about it ) because it gives them something else to complain about.

I'm with Marknmd Marknmd , just let it go . Change the clocks twice a year and deal with it .

I'm done now , everyone carry on. LOL :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

David

Same on this side of the border, the government talks about it every year that I can remember, and that's a lot of clock changing.
To me everyone gets all bent out of shape around here ( Canada ) .
but no one has any great ideas when asked , " well which one should be stick with. " We have at least 1 province that does not change and they seem fine.
But I myself do not have a problem with the changing of the clocks. does not seem to mess with my days or work. when I'm tired I sleep , if I have to work later or earlier at a job I do. It is not that big of a deal, JUST everyone makes too big of a deal about it.

But that is me , ( even in my family there is lots of crying on about it ) because it gives them something else to complain about.

I'm with Marknmd Marknmd , just let it go . Change the clocks twice a year and deal with it .

I'm done now , everyone carry on. LOL :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

David
I should have mentioned... at least I remember how to change the clock on all my vehicles now instead of having to look it up! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

When the sun it at its zenith then it's 12:00 noon. Take a location in the middle of your time zones with respect to east and west, pick the same day for all time zones, and declare that to be 12:00 noon for that time zone. Then stay at that. You might have to have one adjustment of a couple of minutes +/- so that the start of 12:00 noon is the start of the GMT hour and you'd have to have the leap year adjustment the world follows but that's okay.

You are right Warren. It's clear that there are too many differing points of view on this issue to ever make everyone happy. I guess there's no perfect solution. I don't want kids to have to walk to the bus stop in the dark...but I sure like having more daylight at the end of the day.

Red
Red we already have high school kids that get on the bus 6:30 in the morining and agree with your thoughts.

Warren

Reactions: seenred
Crazy topic 😂. I like keeping it lighter later in summer and the opposite in winter so I’m all for it! Will admit having 3 kids ages of 2, 6 and 13 it is a bit of a struggle ( for the younger ones at least) getting them to stay on a bedtime schedule!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky