day before butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

spm

Original poster
May 3, 2009
kc mo
Hey all, Im smoking a butt on Saturday for a birthday party on Sunday, my question is how to reheat it? Should I pull it Sat. after it's done or wait til Sun. after I reheat it? How long and at what temps. work best? Thanks, SPM

Pull it the day you smoke it after resting it an hour or two. To reheat mix the finishing sauce or a little apple juice into it and place it in a crock pot, or steam it if you have a steamer, or put it into a roasting pan and foil it tight and stick into the oven

You could also put it into a vacuum seal bag and when reheating it drop into a barely simmering pot of water till heated, about 15-20 minutes or so.

Like they all said smoke and pull on saturday then either re-heating process that piney, blacklab or fire said. I used the crock pot method myself.

Thanks for the replies, I have a big roasting pan so i will try it. Think about 350 for 30 min would work? Thanks again, SPM

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky