Davy Crockett Table

Discussion in 'Blowing Smoke Around the Smoker.' started by OrcSlayer, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Good day!

I recently received a GMG Davy Crockett for Xmas. I have used it a couple of times with great results, and I absolutely love the size for my small family. The issue I am finding is that I would prefer the convenience of having it sit higher up on a table, preferably where I can take the legs off of the pellet grill. Do any of the Davy Crockett owners out there have some hacks they use? I worry that a camping table will not be strong enough to hold it with a full hopper.

2. idahopz

idahopz Smoking Fanatic

Love the Davy, hated the legs. I bought an inexpensive Harbor Freight toolbox for a couple of my cookers that bring them to eye level and allow storage of all the fuel and utensils I need to make the cookers work.

Works great for at home, but clearly not when using it as a tailgating unit. However, when on the road in an RV, I've not come up with a good portable solution yet, and live with the little spring legs :D

[​IMG]

3. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Now that is a darn good looking setup Pete!
    You have all that storage space and you don't have to bend over.
    Which at my age is a real plus!! :(
    Al

4. Thanks for info, I will look into it. I imagine it would be pretty easy to roll those babies outside if needed.

5. idahopz

idahopz Smoking Fanatic

Thanks Al!

You and me both regarding bending over - I did not really like using both the Davy and Bradley because of having to stoop to ground level. My problem is that I do not have the skills to construct something custom, but even I can assemble a rolling tool box :D

6. idahopz

idahopz Smoking Fanatic

Yes indeed; the wheels are large and rubbery. They roll smoothly out of the garage when I cook. They roll way better than my Traeger

7. SonnyE

SonnyE Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

I LIKE that!

"outside if needed"
    Well, yeah. My wife would have a tizzy if I smoked up the house. LOL! :confused:
    She doesn't even like the smell of the smoke on my clothes.
    Do you think she's a bit unreasonable? I think she's a bit unreasonable myself. ;)
    A man's gotta do, what a mans gotta do...

8. Phil Chart

Phil Chart Fire Starter

I did the same thing as idahopz did (for my Bradley) for the same reasons. Lots of good storage in that inexpensive tool box from harbor freight

9. Thanks for the input. I found a rolling 3 rack shelving unit to put it one. Looking forward to getting all my tools in one place and moving it with ease. Will post pics when its all together.