Dare I say it?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Ok, I will. Pork belly burnt ends.....................in the oven.
Well, It didn't start out this way. So don't hate me too much! Everything started fine. Cubed 2 pounds of belly.
And gave it a rub of Kinders the blend. And smoked paprika.

P3200070.jpg

While that was getting happy. I went out to get the smoker warming up. And BANG! The element blew. That's twice in about a year or so.
The first time that happened I put a data logger on my panel to check for spikes, under voltage, etc. And found nothing. Did the same for the outlet I use in the garage.

So, I decided to use the oven since my other rigs are still buried in the shed. And my smoky Joe wouldn't work for this.
After 2 hours in the oven uncovered at 230 degrees.

P3200072.jpg

Added butter, honey, and Rays sweet and spicy sauce on them. Covered with foil. And back in the oven for about 1.5 hours. Probed tender and pulled.

P3200073.jpg

Besides the obvious lack of smoke. They came out pretty darn tasty. Not saying I'll do them this way again. But it was a decent back up.

Haha! It’s all good! I had to finish some pork belly burnt ends in the oven yesterday too! Those look incredible though! Nice!

Haha! It’s all good! I had to finish some pork belly burnt ends in the oven yesterday too! Those look incredible though! Nice!
Thanks! I was surprised with how they came out..

Heck of a job Steve. Those look delicious. Nothing wrong with the oven.....sometimes lol
Lol! Only once in awhile.

Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do....I'd eat that Steve....
Thanks!

They sure look good Steve!
The caramelization is off the charts!
Nicely done!!
Al
Thanks Al!

They look good steve, ya should of threw a smoke tube in there.
Lol! Hey honey, don't worry about the smoke. It's normal. The look. 6 weeks recovery time....!

Boy howdy Steve, that's a nice looking dish! Nothing wrong with a kitchen oven, they're accurate, dependable, and you don't have to go out in the cold. RAY

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Boy howdy Steve, that's a nice looking dish! Nothing wrong with a kitchen oven, they're accurate, dependable, and you don't have to go out in the cold. RAY

Thanks Ray! Today was chilly at 45 degrees. Nothing like the last couple days were we saw 70 degrees

Looks Great, from here, Steve!!
How'd you like to have to do that all the time.
That's where the Ninja Smart Grill comes in most handy!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Reactions: bigfurmn
First hope nothing major with the smoker

Second can't believe you did it in the house oven, I'll be right there to take those off your hands for you. You should not have to suffer through that. lol

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky