Dang Squirrels

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have a FX Impact Mark 2 PCP in 25 cal, waiting for the new batch to move from across the street.

Reactions: chopsaw
I have a FX Impact Mark 2 PCP in 25 cal, waiting for the new batch to move from across the street.
Oooooooh I really dug into those PCP air rifles a few months back when I discovered they were a thing and did 30 caliber and higher!

They seem so interesting but likely not going to dive into them unless I get a real wild hair and don't mind spending more money on an air rifle than I would on an actual rifle hahaha. I do like the idea of it though and would get one I could hunt pigs or whitetail with for sure :)

I think the Benjamin Bulldog in .357 would be the one I would get because it would be legal for me to hunt game in my state. Would be looking for a 100yd PCP air rifle that met the hunting regulations and performed well. Benjamin Bulldog was what I landed on vs all the other big bore ones :)

Reactions: chopsaw
Tallbm: They are making portable 12v/110v compressors that can charge the airtanks now. They can be had for $250 up.
I got one for $350 and really like using it over the scuba tank for my backyard pesting.
Check out some of the youtube videos on hog hunting with PCPs in texas.

Tallbm: They are making portable 12v/110v compressors that can charge the airtanks now. They can be had for $250 up.
I got one for $350 and really like using it over the scuba tank for my backyard pesting.
Check out some of the youtube videos on hog hunting with PCPs in texas.
Yeah I saw the tanks.
I think I also saw the videos of that guy popping feral hogs with the .25 cal Avenger. Was super cool, though I thought he was being a bit reckless and irresponsible shooting amongst the livestock like that.

A ricochet or missed shot might have produced a lame cow and then lead to it being put down when it didn't have to be. None of that happened in the video though. Let's hope it didn't/hasn't happened at all :)

I guess this worked. We having ice/ sleet storms and stuck at home. The first day I heard some scratching but pretty sure it was outside trying to get in. Have heard nothing since. Good bye bastards!
Good to hear they can't get in. Should have about 1/2 inch of ice to scratch and chew through as well atm lol :D
Stay warm and don't let them water pipes freeze :)

Squirrel eliminator - they have to come out to eat sooner or later...

IMG_1549.jpg

Nice . Mines all stock , but I like the grip angle on the 22/45 . It's accurate , I can only imagine how good the target shoots .
They are great guns - I often carry a Springfield 1911 so I understand the preference for the grip angle. I've had a few different Ruger .22's over the years so when I saw the Mark IV with the easier take-down feature, I just had to have one. It is very nice and is as accurate as I can shoot it with my old eyes. I actually use pelet gun targets and I can keep em all in the black at 20-yards shooting from a seated position - good enough for squirrels!

I used to practice on chipmunks and squirrels from a chair on my back deck with a Walther P22.

Sometimes I sit out there with a sling shot, using glass marbles for ammo.

Haven't had success with the sling shot yet.

Reactions: Colin1230
When I had my S&W Model 41 no varmint was safe, easily the most accurate out of the box .22 handgun I've ever fired. Placed well in many a match with that gun back in the day.

Reactions: Colin1230
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky