D40's introduction

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

d40

Original poster
Oct 4, 2008
Hello smokers..

My name is D40 ;) and I'm pretty new to smoking meat. Used a webber for grilling for years, and my wife bought me a brinkmann snp from wally world and i like it so far. I tried grlling on a webber a couple of times with some wood chips for flavor, and it was ok...just cooked fast. On my second run with my snp and am getting the hang of it. Never seriously smoked before and I think i will enjoy it. I have some beef ribs on it as I type this. Looking fwd. to learning and hopefully contributing after I get good. Thanks. Nice site btw. I see i have a lot of reading to do.

Again, welcome to SMF. And I promise within a month you will be amazed at how far your smoking prowess has advanced. Or yer money back ;{)

Welcome to SMF. You will find alot of great information here.

Welcome to SMF. There's nothing like low-n-slow cooking.

Welcome Man.
Your Wifey obviously likes good Que since she styled you a smoker.

The place is great, the people cool AND helpful.

Enjoy the ride!
V

You're gonna learn alot here. I've been smoking on a GOSM about 3 years, gas grille for 2 before that. Regular grilling forever. Just Got a new Brinkmann SNP, used it once for 2 Butts and Fatties, then converted it from charcoal to LPG for a Briskett and spares smoke. For Her first Jerky smoke I did a few more simple mods and things are going pretty well.

I've been on this site just a few weeks and these folks have been steering me down the right road. I'm finding I have a bit more creativity with the cooking of my food and how I cook it than I used to have. Thanks to all at SMF.

Lots of others here who have your smoker as well, so if you search for info and can't find it, just shout. Help is just around the corner.

Welcome and enjoy!

Eric

Welcome to the SMF. the good folks here will have you smokin like a pro in no time. Just be forewarned, low n slow smoke is an addiction that has no cure. So just hang on tight and enjoy the ride and the SMF family

Welcome D40. I've got the SnP too. Do the mods on it and you'll have yourself a good smoker.

Welcome to SMF. It's a great place full of tons of smokin knowhow. May all your smokes be thin and blue.

Welcome to the SMF

Just wondering, You wouldn't be related to WD40 would you?
PDT_Armataz_01_15.gif

Welcome aboard. What everyone else said.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky