Cutting hole mailbox.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I tried capping grease hole and making bottom holes one inch. Still no luck. Even with door open some would not work good. Put tray in smoker and took right off. I am thinking about knocking 1 one inch hole in bottom. Might take a fan on this one. I could try my tube and see how it does.

If your below 5,000 ft, have a sealed system between the smoker and mailbox (all holes and corners in the bottom of the mailbox sealed), with an elevated Amnps, dry pellets and properly light it for ten minutes per instructions, then I'm stumped. Some use fridge magnets to completely/partially cover air holes.

Got hooked today but could not get it going good. I am doing corned beef so just unhooked and put pellet in smoker.

View attachment 391160 View attachment 391161
Try adding some 2-1/2" bolts to the bottom of your tray. Or set it on something to raise it up. That helped mine to keep burning when I closed the door. makes the air flow have to work up through the pellets not just flow over the top of them. Also, microwaving the pellets for a minute and a half helps a lot.
SOB

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky