Custom Smoker Builds, Pics of all of them.

Discussion in 'Smoker Builds' started by matts, Jun 12, 2010.

1. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great collection Matt !

Thanks for going to the trouble to make this collection. This link is going into my "special link" place!!!!

Thanks again,

Bearcarver

2. mossymo

mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Very nicely done, I predict 2 years from now this will thread will have the highest number of views.

3. randya

randya Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

WOW, very nice and you did a lot of looking, finding, and posting. Thanks will keep my eye on this one.[​IMG]

4. tsywake

tsywake Fire Starter

Wow, great reference for building.  I'm in the process of modifying my smoker this offseason, so hopefully when its done I'll have some better pics for you. 

5. duck killer 1

duck killer 1 Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

hey MattS, are you still adding to this thread? just wondering. also would it help if we found a build post with a completed smoker on it that is not on here if we PM you with the link to the thread? this is a great thing and i don't wanna see it fade off like the other great threads we have forgotten over time!

6. matts

matts Smoking Fanatic

Yes, I am trying to keep it up to date.  I know there are a couple new ones out there that aren't on here yet.  It would be a big help if you or anyone could let me know if there is something out there that isn't on this list yet.

Thanks

Matt

7. matts

matts Smoking Fanatic

Updated, I think.

If anyone sees a completed custom rig on the forum that isn't on the list, let me know.  I can't find some that I know I have seen recently. 

Gonna have to think of a way to categorize these soon.  The initial thread is getting pretty big.

8. pandemonium

pandemonium Master of the Pit

still i get no love[​IMG] but heres a few from a welding board

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

travisty likes this.
  9. pandemonium

must still be there hmm

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  10. unclejojo

unclejojo Fire Starter

Awesome job !!!!

11. wow. you guys have got to be the most creative group i have had the privilage of hanging with.

12. matts

matts Smoking Fanatic

few more updates.

Sorry pandemonium for missing yours.  Its on there now.

13. pandemonium

your good!![​IMG] except for the sideways thing lol i thought i turned it upright before i posted it? hmm let me look, here is a upright pic[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  14. matts

matts Smoking Fanatic

haha, did you fix the one in your thread?

I am going to have to change the list around some.  The first post with ALL the smokers is getting too big.  I need to come up with something different to spread the list out some.  Any Ideas.  I am thinking of starting a new thread with the first three posts will be 3 different categories; Side Firebox (including RF), UDS and Cabinet/Freezer builds.  What do y'all think.  Personally I don't want to have a separate list in each of the custom forums.  I would rather keep them all together.  If I could get three stickies for each of the categories I mentioned above in this forum then that would be easier as well.

15. jbg4208

jbg4208 StickBurners

Nice work there Matt!!!! These are good.

Here is an updated pic of mine if you need it.

[​IMG]

16. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Matt, Its a good thing your doing here with the smoker builds.  I like the the idea of a different thread for the different types of build like you mentioned above-Side Firebox (including RF), UDS and Cabinet/Freezer builds.  

17. matts

matts Smoking Fanatic

Dutch,

I think I will do that.  I have already started going thru the list and separating everything.  I just need to know what defines a UDS.  Is it anything made from a drum, or is it the standard drum only smoker that most make.

Can you delete this thread once I get the new ones built?

18. bearcarver

Hey Matt,

Again I'll tell you how great this is what you're doing in listing these all. [​IMG]

There is one I don't see that sticks in my mind best.

Maybe somebody knows where to find it, I'll keep looking too.

It is a picture of two big Horizontal smokers with a string of little baby smokers behind them in a row, like little baby ducks following the Mama duck. I'll never forget that one. I'm pretty sure somebody on this forum made them.

Bear

19. matts

matts Smoking Fanatic

Bear, most of the searching i have done for this list has been in the Custom Build forum.  I know there are a bunch more listed all over the site and when one pops up I try to get it on here but if I can't get to it right away, I end up loosing it.

20. bearcarver