Custom Cart for my MES 30"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jacobss914

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 10, 2010
North of Dayton, Ohio
So I want to build a cart for my MES.  Let you all know, fabrication is my Hobie, I love to work metal. So here's what I came up with.

I want counter-space

I want storage

I want mobility on hard surfaces

I want it to look cool and fit my garage decor.

So here's what I came up with.  I'm going to upgrade on of my tool chests I have which is a lower cabinet roller, I currently have my drill press and accessories stored in it.  I will take that craftsmen unit, put a hardwood top, or a Formica counter-top on it.  I will fabricate a side mount for the MES, so the controls will be at 57", which is good for my 6'2" height.  I will add a counter weight to the far side in the form of another shelf that will hold my metal hot embers can.  Extended a tray and pull above that to hold a towel, and a knife.  Across the back, I will build a trough to hold sauce bottles and my drink of choice.  the drawers will be used for storage of smoking supplies, and tools of the trade.

Here is the mock-up of the concept I'll be using for the build.

1f70910f_Screenshot2010-09-17at9.35.11AM.png

Come to think of it my ember can looks like a pony keg in the picture, hmm??????

So the holes are lightening holes, that I will flare, just like a good airplane.  I could bend this all up on the sheet metal brake, but think it would be more fun to do it old school with rivets and seams.

I did not show the wheels in the diagram, they are under the tool chest.  And yes I will have to paint the entire thing to match, and probably the MES will get a paint job also.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky