cured breakfast sausage does a cured sausage have to be smoked or can you just freeze and properly cook before eating?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You can freeze it and cook it any time you want.
Richie

I add cure to a lot of fresh sausage . Great for the grill .

Just curious, why would you want to cure breakfast sausage? It is typically a fresh sausage that is cooked fairly quickly so there really isn't a need to cure it.

Robert

Welcome from Colorado.
Everyone has you covered. There are fresh sausage recipes that I add cure #1 to just for that color and flavor. Do you care to share this recipe? Besides pictures we really like recipes.
Bingo. Cure can give ordinary (fresh) sausage a pinkish color, and add the 'cured' flavor. Many of the Texas hot link recipes call for a lower dose of Tenderquick just for that purpose.

Reactions: ljb and SmokinEdge
Thank You all for the reply's, thinking I'm going to like this Place Thanks again LJB

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky