Cured and dried Salami recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 28, 2018
Green Bay, WI
Good day all. I am wanting to break in my DIY sausage curing chamber this weekend and I am determined to do an Italian style salami and a couple other items.
I was hoping one of you might share your favorite salami recipe with me?

Thanks to indaswamp indaswamp for his advice up to this point. I am going to be doing some thin salami sticks 31 mm and some thicker 61 mm salami. This should help me get a feel for the dynamics of sausage drying.

JC :emoji_cat:

Reactions: kruizer
I like the ginger salami formula on Len Polis site . I used it with Umai . Really good .

I have done this also and it's a really good sausage. If I'm not mistaken there's Vermouth or something similar in it. Been a while since I made it and still have some on hand so don't remember all the ingredients. I have the Len Poli site bookmarked as well as that recipe saved. Just say the word if you'd like a bit more info.

Robert

Reactions: JC in GB
I like the ginger salami formula on Len Polis site . I used it with Umai . Really good .

I looked at the salami recipes on the Len Poli site. The ginger salami looks really good.

I am leaning toward Len Poli's Salami Milano or Artisan salami.

I am planning on using Bactoferm T-SPX for my starter culture.

Glad to see you using tspx instead of the LHP Len uses in most of his recipes posted. Traditional Southern European style salamis are not fast fermented and usually the fermentation temp does not rise higher than 75*F.

If you like spicy, Nduja will dry fast because of the higher fat content. Will be finished when 15-20% weight loss is achieved. Stuffed in 61mm, should be done in a month.

I looked at the salami recipes on the Len Poli site. The ginger salami looks really good.

I am leaning toward Len Poli's Salami Milano or Artisan salami.

I am planning on using Bactoferm T-SPX for my starter culture.

I did the Ginger on a suggestion from BGKYSmoker BGKYSmoker . I did it using Umai . So I followed the Umai method . I used TSP-X for the starter . I put a pinch of dextrose in with the starter and the water .
Another tip from the same . I was just commenting for a flavor profile . It's really good . I don't dry cure , so no input on the method .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky