CSR burnt ends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dairyman

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
I smoked a full brisket this weekend and made burnt ends for the first time. I can't stop thinking about those burnt ends. I was thinking that country style ribs would be good done the same way. Has anyone tried it? How'd they turn out?

Have not tried them that way.... sounds like you got a good experiment to do and let us know how it goes!
biggrin.gif

You won't get the same texture, moisture and chew of the meat, as the muscle fibers are not the same type. I think the shoulder meat of the pork will likely will become dry and grainy/mealy.

I would like to hear of your results if you give it a try though. Maybe just use a couple CSR's and see how it goes?

Eric

Ok, I was at Sam's club today and picked up a pack. They were only $1.98 a pound. I'll give it a whirl this weekend and let you know how they turn out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky