Cross cut ribs.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Central Pa
Finally made this to my liking.

Forgot the first couple pics. Seasoned with SPG and on the mini with kbb and hickory.

This pic was about a hour in at 235 smoker temp.

First time braising them. That's what people here told me I needed to do.

In a pan with lagar beer and foiled.

2 and a half hours foiled then back on the smoker .

Not much meat on these.

Bones pulled right out.

Small bites.

Finally they were very tender and we enjoyed the little things.

I will be doing more of these at one time to make a meal.

Adam I love seeing bones like that,add a little BBQ sauce next time you braise add a lot of flavor points

Richie

Nice job! It seems good beef ribs need to be custom cut by a butcher. Most retail beef ribs are nothing more than soup bones. I finally found some beef ribs worth cooking through a local restaurant supply house. They could be meatier but much better than anything I have purchased through local grocers. I envy those who get the big dino bones with a pound of meat on each bone!
drool.gif

Something special happens to beef on a low and slow smoker
drool.gif

Nice experiment!

They look delicious!

Point!

Al

Thanks Al.

Adam I love seeing bones like that,add a little BBQ sauce next time you braise add a lot of flavor points
Richie

I will try that next time. I just used alittle beer this time.

Yes the bones were cleab and pulled right out.

Nice job! It seems good beef ribs need to be custom cut by a butcher. Most retail beef ribs are nothing more than soup bones. I finally found some beef ribs worth cooking through a local restaurant supply house. They could be meatier but much better than anything I have purchased through local grocers. I envy those who get the big dino bones with a pound of meat on each bone! :drool
Something special happens to beef on a low and slow smoker :drool

When I sent my beef to be butchered, I told him I wanted some beef ribs. This is what he cut for me.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky