Creamy Marsala Reinvented!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Fantastic meal!!! Simply fantastic.
NY strip is my all time favorite steak, and the marsala sauce..........
I've been studying the desert, and for the life of me, I just can't see any way to eat it and stay reasonably clean. So I figured, what the heck--face first into the plate.
Gary

Thanks Gary! NY's have also become our fav as well! And you 100% correct eating that desert was a full face deal....and it required a full face wash after!

Here is an encore presentation of the rack of pork leftovers.......

Super hot seared a single rib slice in some classic olive then in the oven at 375, then seared up some whole carrots in butter and they went in the oven about 5 min before the pork, then made up some classic sauce Robert (shallots, beef Demi, Dijon, & honey). I don’t measure just put the parts in. Then seared up some more baby Bella’s and once nice and seared they were caramelized with a couple spoons of sauce Robert. In all 15 min prep.....
EBC08E48-0B8B-44A6-A581-9A2247DD8BB2.jpeg

holy smokes this is pure pork money!
6FDECED9-3FAF-43B2-A3BF-7CA3AD9EDD35.jpeg

as an FYI the addition of honey to the sauce Robert is not usual but it really adds a nice flavor over tone!

tenor.gif

Damnit how did I miss this? That looks simply amazing man. Never thought about marsala and beef but I sure as hell will try it now. Big LIKE!

View attachment 493510

Damnit how did I miss this? That looks simply amazing man. Never thought about marsala and beef but I sure as hell will try it now. Big LIKE!

LOL SVOL! Oh yes Marsala and beef are a thing! We have been doing it for years! If you want a real rich version make it all with beef Demi and no chicken stock (beef perfection!). My wife does a usually does a combo of chicken stock and beef Demi

Thanks SU! We still have two more rack of porks in freezer......Hey you are only a small hop and skip down the road. Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ is only a skip up the road....We should probably start thinking about a get together one of these days and make it a reality!

That would be awesome!

The wife was at Costco by herself the other day and as she walked by the meat section she related she all of a sudden could hear me and our boys voice clear as day screaming to go look at the NYs....so as she walked up to the display case the voice message singled out a particular package and they shouted take that one!!!!

Here are the beauties that came home with her.....5 - 1.5-1.75 thick slices of goodness.....
View attachment 493382

The wife wanted a sauce with them so she made up some Creamy Marsala (Tyler Florence recipe) and some parsley garlic Yukon mash (Gordon Ramsey recipe) to keep the NYs company on the plate. I sliced up some large baby Bella’s 1/2” slices to top it off.

The plate was presented by putting down a bed of mash, then a large spoon of Marsala sauce for the thick cut NY to rest and skirted with the Bella steaks and garnished with bacon.......
View attachment 493383
Who says Marsala is just for chicken.....this stuff was pure saucy money!
View attachment 493384

The best part of this story is it’s not over.......fast forward a day and Marsala sauce another way..........

This version started out with a 45 degree scored brown sugar brined rack of pork,
View attachment 493385
after 24 hours of brine it was rinsed, dried, and coated with yellow mustard, big bald BBQ rub (from Jeff’s Phillips book) and drizzled with maple syrup. It ran on the pellet at 275 till IT = 145.......
View attachment 493386

The rack of pork Marsala plate was presented in a similar fashion as the NY.......
View attachment 493387

I’ll double down on the Marsala isn’t just for chicken again.....this combination was pure money!!!!
View attachment 493388

so if pork Marsala wasn’t good enough my wife made these baby’s up for desert......
View attachment 493389
Puff pastry, mascarpone wiped cream and homemade Carmel sauce (Gordon Ramsey recipe again.....it is unbelievably good)......

At this point I’m a happy man but extremely worried about this spring time honey do list........
Thanks for sharing this. I've been wanting to try marsala with other meats and this gives me the thumbs up to do it. Great post and thanks again!!

Looks phenomenal Civil, nice job!
Thanks WHB!

Thanks for sharing this. I've been wanting to try marsala with other meats and this gives me the thumbs up to do it. Great post and thanks again!!
Thanks JJen! Marsala isn't just for chicken. Also don't be afraid to change up the "stock base", ie for a supper rich, just use an all beef base, then for a balance, a blend of beef and chicken, then for lighter side just chicken base. Each one has its own flavor profile. Oh and if you follow Tyler Florence's recipe finely chopped bacon will sub for the prosciutto, ie it is also much cheaper.

BucketBack BucketBack Thanks for the luv!

Thanks SU! We still have two more rack of porks in freezer......Hey you are only a small hop and skip down the road. Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ is only a skip up the road....We should probably start thinking about a get together one of these days and make it a reality!

That would be awesome!

WHB, If I can get all the remodeling tasks done this summer, including finishing up the X Fire, was thinking about a fall "ish" time frame...….More to come...

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky