Creamy Marsala Reinvented!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
The wife was at Costco by herself the other day and as she walked by the meat section she related she all of a sudden could hear me and our boys voice clear as day screaming to go look at the NYs....so as she walked up to the display case the voice message singled out a particular package and they shouted take that one!!!!

Here are the beauties that came home with her.....5 - 1.5-1.75 thick slices of goodness.....
0F739EFB-6C3F-49EA-93DF-86237FB6FA54.jpeg

The wife wanted a sauce with them so she made up some Creamy Marsala (Tyler Florence recipe) and some parsley garlic Yukon mash (Gordon Ramsey recipe) to keep the NYs company on the plate. I sliced up some large baby Bella’s 1/2” slices to top it off.

The plate was presented by putting down a bed of mash, then a large spoon of Marsala sauce for the thick cut NY to rest and skirted with the Bella steaks and garnished with bacon.......
C59615EF-24F6-4CB2-ACA3-C6FF19399E09.jpeg

Who says Marsala is just for chicken.....this stuff was pure saucy money!
FAF3A329-D3E0-4C80-A48D-FDF8137A5067.jpeg

The best part of this story is it’s not over.......fast forward a day and Marsala sauce another way..........

This version started out with a 45 degree scored brown sugar brined rack of pork,
4AF21032-6D59-4558-A57A-95CFE6CF82C8.jpeg

after 24 hours of brine it was rinsed, dried, and coated with yellow mustard, big bald BBQ rub (from Jeff’s Phillips book) and drizzled with maple syrup. It ran on the pellet at 275 till IT = 145.......
A2192AAA-1007-4E99-9B62-CAEB971832B3.jpeg

The rack of pork Marsala plate was presented in a similar fashion as the NY.......
14E31AD5-23D0-436F-832F-BC75F38B8D1C.jpeg

I’ll double down on the Marsala isn’t just for chicken again.....this combination was pure money!!!!
9034C4A8-3728-4BED-B0FE-D8FC684C584E.jpeg

so if pork Marsala wasn’t good enough my wife made these baby’s up for desert......
95F23722-5703-437F-BB03-D6D24BF44F1F.jpeg

Puff pastry, mascarpone wiped cream and homemade Carmel sauce (Gordon Ramsey recipe again.....it is unbelievably good)......

At this point I’m a happy man but extremely worried about this spring time honey do list........

Last edited:
WOW! That all looks excellent Civil. All looks great, love those NY's, but that Rack of Pork is fantastic. Not to forget that delicious dessert. You should be happy. I'm happy just looking at it. Great work.

Springtime Honey Do? Bro, eating THAT good, you are gonna need the Exercise!☺
Really nicely done. The Dessert looks Amazing!...JJ

Wow what a great presentation of different ways to do something. Some great looking plates there for sure. The expansion of the waist line will continue for sure with meals like that.

Warren

Great looking food for sure! Keep putting food out like that and you won’t even have a honey do list.

Great looking plates...all of them! Honey do lists help ya gain an appetite...my wife said so anyways! :emoji_blush: Great job as always!

Ryan

Both are works of art! Great cooks, flavor combos and plating! When is the next seating, I'll be right up.

Holy cow! I’m in a food coma just reading and peeking those pics. Excellent work from all.
Jim

Absolutely beautiful!! Simply spectacular food across the board Civil. Excellent job by both you and your wife. If she's gonna bring home steaks like that AND help you create a 5-star feast, don't sweat the honey-do list. It all works out in the end :emoji_wink:

Robert

WOW! That all looks excellent Civil. All looks great, love those NY's, but that Rack of Pork is fantastic. Not to forget that delicious dessert. You should be happy. I'm happy just looking at it. Great work.
Thanks MJB...Brined rack of pork is one of my favorite pork presentations. Its a perfect match for the marsala sauce!

Magnificent spread! You did those strips justice for sure.
Thanks Steve, They were choice strips but the tenderness\taste said prime. The meat guy at Costo told us a while ago that if they get too much prime and its not moving they put a choice sticker on it. They day he told us, we were looking at some prime and he sifted through the choice and said this is the one you want....It will save you 10/lb.....

Springtime Honey Do? Bro, eating THAT good, you are gonna need the Exercise!☺
Really nicely done. The Dessert looks Amazing!...JJ
Thanks JJ, and YES Exercise....oh yes! That is why I do exercise so I can eat like this! Oh and when I do, I usually only eat this meal for the day.....LOL

Thanks Brian!

CS, Awesome looking plates, I'll be over for some leftovers if you have any .:emoji_wink:
Thanks CM! Come on over there will be left overs. The boy will be making some ramen NY for lunch today.....and there are a few rib sections left as well....Well be eating on those for a few days....Might pan sear a section with some eggs tomorrow and that will cover me for the day!

Wow what a great presentation of different ways to do something. Some great looking plates there for sure. The expansion of the waist line will continue for sure with meals like that.

Warren
Thanks Warren, I like mixing things up for sure......In the younger days, I would have had two slices....Its called rationing! LOL

Great looking food for sure! Keep putting food out like that and you won’t even have a honey do list.
Thanks XR!...The list is already pretty long....I'm putting in kitchen floors next month, tile in the kitchen and fire place, and have to replace the front door along with all the rock on the front of the house later this summer.....

Great looking plates...all of them! Honey do lists help ya gain an appetite...my wife said so anyways! :emoji_blush: Great job as always!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! Yes they do! I think these plates were to get me prepped for the pending list....but its always nice to sit and watch the smoker do its think after finishing a hard day!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Both are works of art! Great cooks, flavor combos and plating! When is the next seating, I'll be right up.
Thanks SU! We still have two more rack of porks in freezer......Hey you are only a small hop and skip down the road. Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ is only a skip up the road....We should probably start thinking about a get together one of these days and make it a reality!

Holy cow! I’m in a food coma just reading and peeking those pics. Excellent work from all.
Jim
Thanks Jim, food coma is right, the brown sugar brined pork is just YUM!

Absolutely beautiful!! Simply spectacular food across the board Civil. Excellent job by both you and your wife. If she's gonna bring home steaks like that AND help you create a 5-star feast, don't sweat the honey-do list. It all works out in the end :emoji_wink:

Robert
Thanks Robert! You know my wife says all the time she wants to be a better cook....I just look at her and say WHAT...…. She is also funny....When she came home with the NYs....she said hey honey I have your "way to your Heart in my hand"......She knows me all too well.

Absolutely fantastic!
Nothing more to say!
Al

Thaks Al, much appcieated!

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Fantastic meal!!! Simply fantastic.
NY strip is my all time favorite steak, and the marsala sauce..........
I've been studying the desert, and for the life of me, I just can't see any way to eat it and stay reasonably clean. So I figured, what the heck--face first into the plate.
Gary

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky