Craziest thing you have smoked...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Has anyone smoked Pineapple?
20190216_155524.jpg
20190216_172241.jpg

I've done a swineapple. Stuffed with marinated pork tenderloin and onion, bell pepper and jalapenos

Really? I did one and the meat was mushy. We threw it out.
Not mine. I've seen it done 2 different ways. Some people precook the loin then stuff. Or marinate and place in pineapple raw(what i did) 275 until it hit 150 or so then bumped to 350 atthe end for crisp bacon. But dont hear me wrong the meat was certainly fork tender due to the pineapple tenderizing it. Not mushy though

Reactions: Will Squared
I think I will do some simple spears tomorrow..

Just brown sugar & cinnamon.

What temp and time do you think?

I saw one video where he seared the halves first and then cooked low. But that was on an Egg.

I have a 560.

Not mine. I've seen it done 2 different ways. Some people precook the loin then stuff. Or marinate and place in pineapple raw(what i did) 275 until it hit 150 or so then bumped to 350 atthe end for crisp bacon. But dont hear me wrong the meat was certainly fork tender due to the pineapple tenderizing it. Not mushy though

Ok. I stuffed raw. Didnt bump temp up thou. That may be the difference.

Ok. I stuffed raw. Didnt bump temp up thou. That may be the difference.
I could see there being an over tender issue if cooked to long at lower temp. Giving the pineapple too long to react with the meat. It creates alot of liquid inside the pineapple
20190216_121452.jpg

The pork only had dry rub but the minute I put the loins into the pineapple boy did everything get juicy fast

I think I will do some simple spears tomorrow..

Just brown sugar & cinnamon.

What temp and time do you think?

I saw one video where he seared the halves first and then cooked low. But that was on an Egg.

I have a 560.
I'd just grill hot. Being mindful to not burn the sugar. If you want more smoke then start at lower temp then sear

That sounds good Jake.
Like a reverse sear.
That's what we did with some sirloin tonight. MMMM !
I will do half with just brown sugar & cinnamon and on half I will add some chipotle powder I smoked for a little more bite.
Might do some smoked apples at the same time.

Toady I have halved bananas and pineapple wedges on a very low and very long smoke with apple chips... 150'
That is hotter than dehydrating and an experiment.
brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg sprinkled.
goona let them go 10 hours or so and see what happens.

Reactions: pc farmer
Toady I have halved bananas and pineapple wedges on a very low and very long smoke with apple chips... 150'
That is hotter than dehydrating and an experiment.
brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg sprinkled.
goona let them go 10 hours or so and see what happens.
Looking forward to seeing how those turn out! Might need to baste them in rum!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky