Crawfishpolooza....Louisiana Gold.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great looking dinner and dessert.
Crawfish Pie.... That intrigues me, I would not have thought to see something like that. I was told it was seasonal, what/when is crawfish season. Is crawfish pie something a person can find most places or any in particular places to look? We are waiting on test results for the father in law to figure out timing on a trip. so hopefully it will happen sooner than later for us.

Holy Cow, what a score!
Those omelettes, you know I'm a fiend for breakfast... Fantastic.
Really looking forward to some of the cooks to come from those bags of crawdad bullion.

I vote for New England style Lobst... Crawfish Rolls next to a big bowl of Crawfish Bisque.

Like!

Side note. I usually use the Louisiana crawfish company when I order. They just made select size available and the price did drop a little just in case anyone was wondering. Does anyone have a better option for where to order? I am not saying LCC is bad just wondering if there is anything better. Thanks!

Great looking dinner and dessert.
Crawfish Pie.... That intrigues me, I would not have thought to see something like that. I was told it was seasonal, what/when is crawfish season. Is crawfish pie something a person can find most places or any in particular places to look? We are waiting on test results for the father in law to figure out timing on a trip. so hopefully it will happen sooner than later for us.

abc, crawfish pie is basically a thickened spicy crawfish etouffee in a savory, seasoned pie crust. Here is a pic. of one I made a few years back...
file.php

You can also get them in individual pies; these are more common and corner gas stations sell them, you just don't know how good they will be unless the store has a reputation for selling good ones.

Crawfish season runs when the mudbugs come out of their holes with rising water late winter/early spring and runs until the molt ends late may early june. Nobody likes peeling rock hard crawfish shells.

Holy Cow, what a score!
Those omelettes, you know I'm a fiend for breakfast... Fantastic.
Really looking forward to some of the cooks to come from those bags of crawdad bullion.

I vote for New England style Lobst... Crawfish Rolls next to a big bowl of Crawfish Bisque.

Like!
T'was indeed a good score, but all the tails are not mine. I kept some, and the guys at the firehouse kept the bulk of them for cooks on their shift. Thanks for the like Chili.

Last edited:
We live in southern Louisiana to love this time of the year. What a score !!!!! Congrats on the carousel. Can't wait to see the the rest of the eats.

Attachments

• IMG_20180228_144317868.jpg
    IMG_20180228_144317868.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20180228_135851399.jpg
    IMG_20180228_135851399.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 24
Crawfish fettuccine, I haven't had that in a few years. Or Crawfish over grits with bacon for that matter. Up here we can only get the tails frozen. The hard part is finding them with a ton of seasoning already added. I might take a look around to see if I can find some.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky