Crawfishpolooza....Louisiana Gold.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Six years stationed in La. and I sure miss thowin' a bag of crawfish on the table and getting after it. Thanks for the look!

Yea, it was warmer last season. This season will be running a little later. The water is rising in the Atchafalaya spillway right now with all the rain to the north. Once it warms up, I expect a bumper crop of mudbugs this year.

So are you thinking maybe by mid april they will boom? I'm planning my first boil on April 14th and it's happening whether the price is right or not.

Inda that is a beautiful sight, I am soooo envious I can't describe.. and now my keyboard is soaked.... Nice load of goodness there. And congrats on the carousel!!!!

I see two problems right off the bat !! First I didn't get my invitation and second you need my address to ship me all those crawfish tails and claws !!!

Nice job I need to call the store and order me some crawfish.
Yours look fantastic

Gary

Wow. Good times. I have a butter problem so those wouldn't be good for me... haha... :)

The food here in South Louisiana is one of a kind. Come on down, the people here are frindly.

Yes......Been there a few times....I think there is something in the water.....Especially when you guys make bread. I'm trying to set up a business trip down in April timeframe.

I see two problems right off the bat !! First I didn't get my invitation and second you need my address to ship me all those crawfish tails and claws !!!

Nice job I need to call the store and order me some crawfish.
Yours look fantastic

Gary
LOL! Thanks Gary!

Wow. Good times. I have a butter problem so those wouldn't be good for me... haha... :)

Thanks norm...

Yes......Been there a few times....I think there is something in the water.....Especially when you guys make bread. I'm trying to set up a business trip down in April timeframe.
Yes, the bread is good too! Crawfish prices will come down in April...

Made the crawfish boudin this afternoon. While I would love to share the recipe, I made a promise to my uncle that I would not. But, I will give you this one which is a classic recipe from Chef Paul Prudhomme's family cookbook and a very good one...
http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe...ses-louisiana-crawfish-and-rice-sausage-93812

The boudin is very rich! I made 48 4" links, 4 links to a pound so ended up with about 12lbs. of boudin. I would like to have taken more pictures but I had a bunch of steps to do and I was trying to work fast so the crawfish would not get soft.

First coil stuffed...
DSC02659.JPG

I did not grind the crawfish, just coarse chopped it on a cutting board. There are large 1/2 tail pieces throughout the links along with some that is very finely shredded.
Close up pic...

DSC02661.JPG

First coil links...
DSC02662.JPG

12 vacuum bags about 1# each...
DSC02664.JPG

Caterer could not come tonight, he got a catering job for tonight. One of the guys made crawfish fettuccine and blueberry pineapple dump cake with vanilla ice cream.

DSC02668.JPG

DSC02665.JPG

The dump cake...

DSC02667.JPG

DSC02666.JPG

Reactions: ab canuck
Great looking links and sausage.... Boudin is one I have not got to try yet.
Real deal Boudin is in a class all it's own. Crawfish boudin -done right- is good, but IMO I'll take pork boudin over crawfish boudin any day. Many other better ways to utilize crawfish but, that's just my opinion. Crawfish pies on the other hand....Man I could eat my weight in crawfish pies!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky